Service track air compressor help

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Service truck air compressor help

I'm fixing up an old bucket truck for use around the property and I bought a skid mount air compressor and need some knowledge.

I have 3 questions.....so far. :confused:

1. There is a throttle control that appears to have a cap or line missing???

2. There is also a fitting at the end of the crank shaft on the pump. What or where does it go?

3. It appears to have unloaders in the head so do I just need a check valve on the tank?

Last edited:

kubitza123

Sep 19, 2016
Texas
I think that line is what pops off or relieves air pressure when start it , so let’s say you have 150psi it relieves or unloads it so the stater can turn the engine over to crank it easily . That’s best I can remember since it’s been 15yrs since I was in my service truck. I have one at home so if you haven’t gotten it routed by then I’ll try and get you a pic.

kubitza123

Sep 19, 2016
Texas
I think that line is what pops off or relieves air pressure when start it , so let’s say you have 150psi it relieves or unloads it so the stater can turn the engine over to crank it easily . That’s best I can remember since it’s been 15yrs since I was in my service truck. I have one at home so if you haven’t gotten it routed by then I’ll try and get you a pic.

kubitza123

Sep 19, 2016
Texas
Rick search 13hp Champion gas compressor and then go to images I think you can see it well enough going through some pics on google.