Replacement muffler

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I have 220,000 miles on my MBRP 4" x 30" muffler. I just had to have my truck smogged and put the Cat back on. I like how the cat knocked a lot of the turbo(64mm) whistle noise down coming out the tail pipe. My wife didn't like it and it was starting to bother me too. The problem is, my EGT's are about 100-150 degrees higher with the cat back on. The cat will be going back on the shelf. I want to know , is how long do these aftermarket muffler innards' last? Will installing a new exact replacement muffler knock the whistle sound down like the cat did? I want the quietness that the cat's honeycomb did but the free flowing to keep the lower EGT's.
Thanks

May 1, 2017
USA
I'm still currently running the Stock Turbo on my LB7, with plans to run a 63-64MM when in need of a replacement, I know it's not compatible to your 64mm Turbo.
Years ago I installed the Banks Monster 4" stainless exhaust system #48629-B & have been pleased with no In Cabin Noise.
My wife & I use this LB7 to move our 5th wheel a few times a year traveling up to 1700 miles one way & she has never complained about the exhaust tone, but definitely the Rough Ride towing. (The CalTracs make it ride a little stiff, Air bags Help) Current Miles @ 267,000
It may be worth looking into purchasing & installing the Banks muffler #53801.