LML Recently purchased another diesel and long for advice.

strongsperformance

2002 sierra cc dually
Jan 14, 2011
lake orion michigan
I bought a 16 3500hd sierra denali,
I know nothing about the lml or new efilive tuning.
I want to add a lift pump, install down pipe and full exhaust to delete def, also wanting to turn off egr .
Can I just turn off egr for now?
Who do you suggest for tunes? I own a efilive v2
Thank you

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Personally I would keep it at about 90 HP or lower if you want any life out of the transmission until you get it built

A Tom tune will wreck your trans real quick, just ask TheBac :roflmao:

A tow tune of about 40 HP will do really well and not raise EGTs much and your trans should handle it fine if it is still in good shape.

If you are not looking for any huge HP I would keep the emissions system intact. There are a number of tuners that can provide emissions safe tuning if you are not comfortable doing it yourself

strongsperformance

2002 sierra cc dually
Jan 14, 2011
lake orion michigan
Lol. I ment trans tune not tom tune.
I have no idea what a tom tune is. Lol

Personally I would keep it at about 90 HP or lower if you want any life out of the transmission until you get it built

A Tom tune will wreck your trans real quick, just ask TheBac :roflmao:

A tow tune of about 40 HP will do really well and not raise EGTs much and your trans should handle it fine if it is still in good shape.

If you are not looking for any huge HP I would keep the emissions system intact. There are a number of tuners that can provide emissions safe tuning if you are not comfortable doing it yourself

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Ok
I am thinking down pipe, 4" exhaust with muffler, egr blocker, trans plug, and engine tune.
Is it better to have trans tune or plug?
Thank you

Personally I'm not a big fan of blocker plates. If you're doing a down pipe, you have to pull the up pipe just to replace the down pipe. Don't put the stocker back in with blocker plates.

Just asking for trouble.

Just helped my son delete his 2015;

1. Full emission delete. (as in it's removed, nothing blocked.)
2. Wehrli cold air bundle.
3. Wehrli passenger side up pipe.
4. Wehrli down pipe.
5. Wehrli CP3 conversion.
6. FASS 165 lift pump.
7. GRP (I think) sump.
8. 4" Flo Pro exhaust.
9. CTS II monitor.
10. Danville tuning.

At first I thought he was over doing it, but once I saw his stock "Y" bridge I saw what all the hype was about there.

At that point I knew I would do a "Y" bridge on mine as well. If you go deep enough in to do the "Y" bridge, you may as well do the CP3 conversion while you're there.

His truck runs very well, there is some surging under acceleration, he plans to data log it, and have Danville adjust the tuning.

My plans for my 2015 LML Denali, minick his, after driving his.

The one big exception is the up pipe, I'm a cheap bastard. I also have his stock up pipe and a tig welder. I'll cut the risor off of his, weld it up and use it.

Picked up my WF "Y" bridge Friday, collecting the rest as we speak. (Lift pump is already installed on mine.)

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
I've ran the dummy solenoid for about 35k miles on a 100hp tune. Pretty easy to do yourself and probably cheaper than a trans tune.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Ok
I am thinking down pipe, 4" exhaust with muffler, egr blocker, trans plug, and engine tune.
Is it better to have trans tune or plug?
Thank you

Leave the stock down pipe. It flows fine. Egr blocker plates or just unplug both valves. Nice simple ecm tune, exhaust of your choice and the trans solenoid to be safe, it’s not a must have just a cheap and good idea.

Solenoid is much better than tuning the tcm also 1/3 of the price.

I’ve had this set up on mine and it was very reliable and simple.

If you get down the road and want to make your truck last forever do a cp3 swap and put a down pipe and full egr delete on it then.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Also there will be 100 different opinions on this and you can spend limitless amounts of money on it. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but simple is always best to begin with and you can always add to it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved to LML pending if this is about tuning or engine parts....

BTW, I never once limped my transmission. The 12.40 tune was after Eric built it.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Simple delete would be to leave emissions items in place with exception if the exhaust and tune it. The tranny plug for line pressure is better than the tuning side for pressure. Tranny tuning is a very good compliment to good tuning. I have several trucks like yours running around with zero problems or complaints. All of them making from mid 400s at the tires to twin builds mailing 700 with stock injectors. Only have someone tune your truck that has personally owned a LML. They are a different animal than previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk