Pump rub kit install need help

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
I'm on the part where I'm bolting the new pump housing to to other piece. It requires a t15 torx bit to be torqued to 80 in pounds. Every bit I have used have broke or stripped before it reached the required torque, do you think it's tight enough? Or should I track down some higher quality bits? Any ideas guys? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
pretty sure 80 inch pounds is way to much for those tiny screws.Try some red Loctite and a firm twist you will be all good.:thumb:

coalroller83

May 9, 2012
pretty sure 80 inch pounds is way to much for those tiny screws.Try some red Loctite and a firm twist you will be all good.:thumb:

What he said^^ That's what I did on mine... No issues!

LB7 CC SB, 10mm Exergy, 30% nozzles, AirDog II 165, 66/74 IHI, Stage V Trans, EFI Live DSP5, Turbonetics Intercooler, to name a few....

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Oh and another thing is that pick up tube seems kinda loose, should I replace the I ring or is that just how they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
The pick up tubes are a little loose like that. I would go for red Loctite.

Also, try not to lose your mind when putting that big circlip back on through that little hole. Some inward pressure on that whole assy helps seat that clip.

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Just use an impact screwdriver and give it a slight tap with a small hammer. It seat the hardened screws into the aluminum just enough. But try to use the loctite 429 it is more oil friendly that your common wicking loctite. Same stuff we use on the wonderfully designed lb7 cups.. don't freit too much about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2