Pulling with lowered truck

Dante2795

Aug 19, 2017
Looking to do my first sled pull but I’m worried my truck being to low will cause problems. It has 3in shackles with 2 leafs removed and I don’t have air bags. Will that cause too many issues with raising my front end? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
its certainly not going to help you in pulling the sled unless you have a hitch that will raise way up. you want the sled to pull the ass end down and drive it into the ground to help get more traction. By no means does this mean you cant go out and have fun.

as for how it sits, unless you have axle wrap bars, i wouldnt attempt it. pulling leaves will make that thing want to axle wrap like crazy when under load and power. if you still have the stock overload, you can clamp that to the leaves that are left to work as a axle wrap control (old school way alot of guys did way back when)

Dante2795

Aug 19, 2017
Truck does have traction bars so I’m not worried about axle wrap. Just not sure if it being so low will even be worth it to hook it to a sled

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Get some pulling bump stops and you should be good to go.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
So what if your lowered your still going to have fun right? You might even get lucky and do pretty well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk