LML Nut in coolant

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
PROBLEM SOLVED

Hello I need help and/suggestions on a misshap I had.. Im in the process of a full egr delete and managed to drop a 13mm nut down a coolant tube. Its the coolant tube directly behind the turbo that runs straight down into the block (I believe?) just in front of the transmission. I pulled the tube out and bolt is not in it so I guess its down in the block.. Is there anything it can wreck other then water pump or possibly block coolant flow at a fitting etc. ? Does anyone know what this tube runs into? the block passages or does it run through something before it would reach the block? Any help is greatly appreciated im just hoping im not going to be pulling a perfectly fin engine apart....:eek::eek:

Truck is a 2011 LML.

Attachments

• jtruck2.jpg
    jtruck2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 58
  • jtruck1.jpg
    jtruck1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
Well I managed to get it out after i went a bought some more long magnets and found one that fit down farther.. I guess I should have waited to post:joker: I really thought it was a goner after trying the magnets i had and not finding anything..

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I've worried about doing that myself on some things like that, but glad you got it without to much trouble..