New slip yolk?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
As I'm awaiting the return of my trans, I thought now would be a good time to address a leaky output shaft seal. The seal has been replaced and that did not fix it. I will this time once again replace the seal as well as the slip yolk this time. While I got a 87 dollar discount on the vin matched slip yolk at the local dealer, I couldn't turn down a new 75 dollar spicer yolk elsewhere. Can anyone chip in on wether or not this Spicer unit will work fine. Same spline count, same diameters. The new spicer has a rib at the back where the diameter gets a little bigger. The seal sits in front of where that raised part is on the new yolk so didnt think it would matter. The casting numbers match. Again minor differences, just not sure if these differences will cause problems. The dealer yolk was 217 the spicer was 75 lol.
null_zps2293218e.jpg

null_zps2b637aa0.jpg

null_zpsfee0554a.jpg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
if you look at where the seal ride Damian, its not on that part. the dust shield might be the only thing to touch it

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
the spicer one look hella beefy from the side shot with more meat on the ujoint area, the raised lip might have been a later adition to add strength maybe? either way it looks better in every way over the OEM one

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
the spicer one look hella beefy from the side shot with more meat on the ujoint area, the raised lip might have been a later adition to add strength maybe? either way it looks better in every way over the OEM one

Agreed. Of course like I said... The ODs are the same so not necessarily more material though and they are both spicer. Either way after comparing the two there is no doubt it needed replacing

Last edited:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
how much longer till the purple bomb comes back?

Lol it shipped out today from Denver. Freight is one day from there to where I live so it will be here tomorrow. They said the C3s were spotted as well as the C4s but insisted it all looked like normal wear and evident of a lot of miles. Oh well they said every clutch was new and I got a new converter

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Lol it shipped out today from Denver. Freight is one day from there to where I live so it will be here tomorrow. They said the C3s were spotted as well as the C4s but insisted it all looked like normal wear and evident of a lot of miles. Oh well they said every clutch was new and I got a new converter

:happy2:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Mike is putting in new ujoints and a yoke for me too. Mine was leaking pretty badly and the bushing in the tcase was worn as well.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
So apparently my tranny was dynoed right before or right after a 2WD unit belonging to the guy from 2 guys garage! Bob accidentally put his tag on my core lol
null_zpsbb654d73.jpg