MA Spring Fling

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
We where going to go this year. But, with baseball, softball and fuel prices we are not going to make it :(

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
This is the place to be in June. It's the most awesome display of badass truck's you will ever see,
but with fuel prices, I can't do it. It cost me 12 hundred in fuel laat year to tow up there. This year it will be about 19 hundred. It's about a 2.800 miles (with the tow truck and the deviations) round trip and I have a LLY as a tow'r (sucks to be me).
I would love to tear up the pea patch at the pulls, but it's not gonna happen.

At least we will see a B&B truck there. The Black truck is bringing a "set-up" for the stock class.
My liver would suffer a lot too..... Hope they have the "live Cam" so we can watch. Everyone should make it if you can. Thanks for the Merchant crew for making it happen.

Last edited:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Like i told todd my life goal is to make it to spring fling and pull. Im not going to wind im just going to have a all some time and meet new people. I will be making it one of these years. And steve when i go we can load the train on the trailer and hall ass. That way we can break that new motor in before i hook to that sled.:rofl::eek:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
I was also trying to find out a while back if i was to come up there in pull with the 2 wd can i run Stock diesel class with all the others. Whats the hitch height and weight limit 26' 8,000 pounds?? What all is required to pull stock diesel class. Drive shaft lopes, Sheilds, Shut off switch?? I just wanna know to kinda keep it at the back of my mind. Also what kinda terrian is at spring fling? Florida sand, Wauchula clay, Or fort myers mud?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I have not been a part of any of the planning for SF this year, so i have no idea whats happening.

mrsdmaxallitech

Jun 4, 2007
Zeeland, Michigan
Hi everyone

Just to let you know about the event. June 14 will be at the fair grounds with the pull. Dave Dunbar and Mike will be there with the Dyno.

Hotels:

MicroTel we have a discount there.

643 Hastings Ave.
Holland, MI 49423
Tel: (616) 392-3235

Also you can go to http://holland.org

for other hotels and things to do in holland.

Also these two hotels are just a few minutes from the shop and off the highway: Quality INN 3301 Highland Dr , Hudsonville MI 49426 (616)662-4000. Also: Super 8 motel 3005 Corporate Grove Dr., Hudsonville (616)
896-6710

These two hotels are off of I-196 hudsonville.

Eric is trying to get a dragstrip for Friday night, there are two possiblities so far. Saturday is at the Fair Grounds in Holland. Truck Pull and also Dyno. Vendors will also be there as well.

We understand about the Fuel Price, but if you can still make it, would be nice to see you all.

Sorry we will miss the McRats. Maybe I can get Eric to go West and see you all out there.

Beth Merchant

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Should be a great time! :rockon:

Wish we could attend since last year we missed it, but we have a local charity diesel event we are committed to supporting that same day.

Take lots of pics and let us know how it goes!

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
I want to go. I will have to see what the wife says.:please: It is only 3 hours away from me. I can make that drive on Sat. morning.:driving2: ( Minus the Navigator):D