January '23 Chat -- "New Year, New Gear!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Forget what ive posted on DD before about my shop build but thought id add what Fish, my buddy peter and my self did last week.

i wanted to epoxy the floor of the shop to basically just keep stains from happening on the concrete. I will be welding and fabbing which will kill the epoxy sooner than later so i had a hard time swallowing 9-12k for someone to come out and do it. I found a place called "coloredepoxies.com" and between amazon and other places, they had good reviews. They use legit polycurmaine 2 part type epoxy and have tools availible. for 2200 bucks all in, tools, and no flake, i was down to try it.

floor got a full pressure wash, acid etch, wash again and then started the appication. i did no flake to make patching easy and no top coat cause it aint going to do shit. plus its easy to fix or i can roll another coat on the floor if it gets torn up. To apply it, we did a thin coat that was the "primer coat" with alot of baby sitting to fix fish eyes and concrete out-gassing (bubbles). Second day was much easier with a thick coat of epoxy laid down in a couple hours. Came out awesome for a bunch of rookies! Time will tell if it stays attached. We did not grind the floor because the concrete was so fresh BUT it would have given me a smoother finish than you see in the pics and knocked down some tooling marks from the concrete guys. Its almost a textured finish because the concrete i had poured was fiber reinforced and the hairs are sticking up that i couldnt see before. at the end of the day, i could care less for the price i have into it and the fact i know im going to tear it up. super stoked how it came out!

aLESnOl.jpg

mLhseRT.jpg
Hopefully it turns out to look and last better than Pat/Kay’s did!!!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you guys have no idea how fricken excited i am to go on our annual snow bike trip! Got mine and my buddies bike on my flat bed to take to Flagstaff where we off load them and put them in my other buddies enclosed, stay the night in flag, then head to Bear River Lodge in UT. Along the way, we are picking up a snow bike kit for my buddies KX (in the pic) to install either that night or in the parking lot of the shop we are getting it from. going to be a damn good time!

GcTDxOn.jpg

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I've been wanting to do a little snow wheeling this year but all we've been getting is a bunch of rain

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I've been wanting to do a little snow wheeling this year but all we've been getting is a bunch of rain
mammoth has been getting hammered, you need to head over there. My buddy that lives up there has been sending me pics. cant even see his house as they have 12ft of base and more to come with this storm.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
mammoth has been getting hammered, you need to head over there. My buddy that lives up there has been sending me pics. cant even see his house as they have 12ft of base and more to come with this storm.
Probably way too deep for my truck. Two to three feet is probably all it can take. Unless it packed down already but that's not as fun.

We have access to a decent sized property in the mountains, the one that burned in the caldor fire, that is available to play around in. Along with all the BLM land and trails around it. That is what we've been wanting to go to. But it only sits around 3500 - 4000 feet so we have to wait for the snow line to drop low enough. It does get cold enough to freeze over the consumes river that runs through the property. That has given us the longest shooting range when we can walk out on the ice and get a few hundred yards with no trees.

We can also have a nice camp fire and cook food whenever we want without having to contend with others. But if all else fails we just might have to make a trip to Mammoth

CDmax16

Mar 3, 2018
NNV
Just head up the hill a little, we’ve been getting hammered in the Sierra’s. All that rain you’re getting is turning to snow at about 5000’.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Just head up the hill a little, we’ve been getting hammered in the Sierra’s. All that rain you’re getting is turning to snow at about 5000’.
As much as I would like, I'm not familiar with any places up there where I can play around and have bonfires. I need to get out more

Reactions: CDmax16
Status
Not open for further replies.