I pay your salary!

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
So, I was talking to a friend of mine who's a local cop.
He told me about an experiance from the day before. He was on the side of the road talking to a fellow officer when a car passess by cutting off another car almost causing him to hit an old man checking his mailbox.
He quickly caught up with guy, pulled him over, noticed a strong odor and asked him to get out of the car.
The guy complains and says arent there any real criminals to harass and how his raised taxes "Pays His Salary!"
So he takes a deep breath and says your'e right. But you know what? The guy you cut off pays my salary too. and so does the old man he almost ran down because of you.
He looks in the car and finds a pipe. Then he asks him- "You know whom elses salary you pay? The guy who's comming to impound your car. And told him when he see's the Judge, he can tell him how he pays his salary too.
As he was putting him in the back of the patrol car, the second officer pulled up and asked "What ya got?" He simply replied "The head of payroll".
I laughed my ass off! mainly because I've never seen him be sarcastic in the 30yrs I've known him.
Do people really believe that line will get you anywhere?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was talking to a guy who is a cop a while ago, and he was telling me about a traffic stop he made where the guy used that same BS line of "my taxes pay your salary." He said, "I pay taxes too, which also pays my salary, so this one's on me!"

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I was talking to a guy who is a cop a while ago, and he was telling me about a traffic stop he made where the guy used that same BS line of "my taxes pay your salary." He said, "I pay taxes too, which also pays my salary, so this one's on me!"

Witty sum gun rite err:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
This shit is unbelievable, the audacity of some people, seriously....

I've been pulled way too many times :eek: and something like that never crosses my mind to say, dear lord. Usually it's more to the tune of, sorry officer, or ya got me, followed by I'm sorry officer I know I was speeding

However, in the rare instance(s) when they come up to my window screaming at me, or calling me names, I roll the window up and smile and crack it enough to get my ticket, that's it. I have actually called another police officer out to the scene once when a cop demanded i get out of the vehicle, for no reason, he had his night stick out and was pissed, i was doing 95 in a 70, which later i found out the officer thought was a 60mph zone, I refused to get out of my car, he tried opening my doors but they were locked, little did he know i was on the phone with a 911 operator letting her hear the officer scream at me and I was telling her I was scared for my safety, the state patrol that responded to "my" call relieved the distressed officer and gave me a ticket for 10 over:hug: said he had to write me something, and that the other officer had radio'd in a pursuit call, to which I laughed and said as soon as he flipped the lights on I immediately pulled over...

Never engage in conversation with a pissed off cop:joker: and for the love of freedom, don't tell them you pay their salary:rofl:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I am in a job I can relate to that, I always give respect until it isn't given to me and then they get what they sow..............but isn't that life in general?

Both funny and great stories btw:thumb:

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
I'm friends with a few local cops, the best story I have heard is one of the cops pulled a pick-up truck over for speeding with a driver and one passenger in it. He walked up to the car and said "Where's the fire guys?" Passenger proceeds to say "You see any f*cking ladders on this truck!?" Needless to say the driver did not get off with a warning on that one.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
This shit is unbelievable, the audacity of some people, seriously....

I've been pulled way too many times :eek: and something like that never crosses my mind to say, dear lord. Usually it's more to the tune of, sorry officer, or ya got me, followed by I'm sorry officer I know I was speeding

However, in the rare instance(s) when they come up to my window screaming at me, or calling me names, I roll the window up and smile and crack it enough to get my ticket, that's it. I have actually called another police officer out to the scene once when a cop demanded i get out of the vehicle, for no reason, he had his night stick out and was pissed, i was doing 95 in a 70, which later i found out the officer thought was a 60mph zone, I refused to get out of my car, he tried opening my doors but they were locked, little did he know i was on the phone with a 911 operator letting her hear the officer scream at me and I was telling her I was scared for my safety, the state patrol that responded to "my" call relieved the distressed officer and gave me a ticket for 10 over:hug: said he had to write me something, and that the other officer had radio'd in a pursuit call, to which I laughed and said as soon as he flipped the lights on I immediately pulled over...

Never engage in conversation with a pissed off cop:joker: and for the love of freedom, don't tell them you pay their salary:rofl:

Those Virgina and West Virginia cops pay for everything in the State by ticketing speeders.

:eek:

I run with the cruise at the exact speed limit in those states because they will be dicks when they pull you over.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Those Virgina and West Virginia cops pay for everything in the State by ticketing speeders.

:eek:

I run with the cruise at the exact speed limit in those states because they will be dicks when they pull you over.

That's cause they know you are mafia Tony.:rofl::angel::hug:

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I'm not a cop but I have gotten that line more than once, reply is "well then how about a ****in raise"?