Flo Pro vs. MBRP

Androes07

Mar 25, 2016
Alaska
Thought I'd give my experience with certain exhaust kits. I've installed MBRP on my LBZ and LML and have to say the fitment was shit for both. LML is my most recent MBRP install and nothing lined up right, hangers where all wrong and on top of it all the instructions they sent with it where for another kit forcing me to get online to make sure I have the right ones. After a week of having the MBRP system installed I ripped it back off and ordered the Flo pro kit. The flo pro came with the correct instructions, better clamps to ease in disassembly down the road, hangers matched up and are weld around the circumference instead of along the pipe, came with extra pipe sections to remove almost any need for measuring and cutting of pipe. So you know both kits are 5" Downpipe back no muffler. Yes MBRP was cheaper but in this case I got what I paid for a exhaust system that was junk and I wouldn't sell to my worst enemy. I'm sure some have had good luck with MBRP but flo pro will have my business from here on out. I hope this helps anyone trying to decide on which kit to purchase in the future.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
AFE is the best fitting kit for the lml in my opinion. It's a true 5" at clamp. I like flo~pro but see a lot of the clamps allow movement.

c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO
I had the exact same experience. Went from a mbrp, then to a flo-pro and it fits and just is waaaaaayyyy better.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Magnaflow fits nice, I believe the 05 has flopro and it fits real well also. The hangers will rip off the Magnaflow over time but it’s fixable.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Weird. My MBRP I put on my LBZ fit great. But that was 10 years ago. It would seem their quality has gone downhill since then.

Androes07

Mar 25, 2016
Alaska
Heard good things about AFE kits and glad it's working for you. I'll have to wait to see how these flo pro torctite clamps hold up over time. Thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye on them. I had the magnaflow kit on my LB7 and fitment was good. My buddy now owns the truck and only issue thus far has been broken tack welds and the fact that it's now to loud for his delicate old ears.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Put a flo-pro stainless on my buddy’s 7.3. It fit amazing. No complaints at all. Had a magnaflow on my lb7. Had a few hanger fitment issues but a 5” exhaust for less than $300 with band clamps not u bolts? Think that’s my top choice.

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
5" magnaflow here and it didn't fit to bad. I reinforce the hangers after hearing they like to tear. After all that I should have probably just spent a little bit money on a better system. Not to mention it's such a low grade SS that magnets stick right to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I just tossed my MBRP for flo pro. The MBRP clamps are cheap mild steel and their tubing is actually decent steel. The cheap clamps rotted the pipe at each connection. The flo pro took maybe 20min to install.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
....and here it is, 12 years later, and my truck still sports it's "elcheapo" Silverline exhaust. Go figure....

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
On my lb7, dad’s Lbz and brothers lmm I installed Jegs exhaust on them. They fit well except on my brothers truck. Just didn’t seem to line up well anywhere. They are a little louder with the bullet style mufflers. I ended up cutting half of mine out when I went to the stack but they last well (dry climate lol). Band style clamps and good hangers. The exhaust that came on my Lbz fits like crap. I think it’s an mbrp lol.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Strange. I wasn't too impressed with the Flo~Pro kit on my LML. It didn't fit well and had clearance issues on the torsion cross member.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Strange. I wasn't too impressed with the Flo~Pro kit on my LML. It didn't fit well and had clearance issues on the torsion cross member.

I have the same clearance issue on mine as well. The clamp right before that cross member has play because of the clearance issue.