LML Coolant Leak

Cmmoreno00

Jul 24, 2016
So today I was driving my truck and smelled coolant. Got home checked it out looks like it’s coming from the passenger side rear of the motor. Saw a lot of burnt on coolant in the exhaust. Took off the inner fender and seems like it’s something around the up pipe and down pipe. Doesn’t seem to be leaking a lot. Any ideas? 11 deleted with the egr intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The 90* hose on the egr system top left Of the turbo. If I was guessing.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Is that coolant pipe still attached ? If so it’s held down by a single bolt and sealed with an O ring. That would be the likely cause or where the hose from it goes into the heater core.

9f437c5e37ef80f828d64121c754294a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That little access cover gasket on the adapter plate would be my guess, if the LML has it.

Cmmoreno00

Jul 24, 2016
I’ve heard of the plate that’s what someone else told me. That looks like a pain to get to.

Yes the coolant line is still attached as far as I know. Where is it located?

I’ll look by the turbo and see if that one is leaking as well.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
That coolant pipe is located right beside the turbo drain pipe. I would also bet it's the plate on the bell housing. They are a pain to get too and 1 bell housing bolt has to come out to get the cover off. I've never done it in the truck but may need to pull the down pipe and 1 uppipe, but maybe not, you might be able to fish it out

Cmmoreno00

Jul 24, 2016
It’s not leaking by the turbo. No coolant in the valley. I’ll be taking out the up and down pipes this week and see if I can find it. Thanks for the advice.

c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO
I just recently had to fix my heater core fitting on the firewall due to leaking. Might be another possible spot.

Cmmoreno00

Jul 24, 2016
Thanks for all the info. I think it’s my heater core. I have coolant dripping from the condensation drain. I’ve replaced the fittings that lead to the heater core. It has stopped and it always seems to come back a few days later.