Colt python question?

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
So a friend of mine shows up the other day and says he has come across a beautiful colt python and whips it out. Starts in on the story that a Sherriff had this pistol and carried it until he reitired. It looks to me to be about 90-95%. It is blued 6" with wood grips. The only thing I'm sketchy of is that is has been engraved. The engraving is all over the barrel, cylinder and trigger guard. It is absolutely beautifully done and compliments the gun well. I just don't know if the engraving hurts the value? He said he would be willing to sell it. He didn't throw me a price but I told him to let me know when he did get ready sell it. How much would you guys think it's worth? I don't have a picture but it's a sweet ass pistol.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
yeah guns are hard to price because alot of old guns are worth the most in the original form not saying the engraveing hurts it might even help the value thats a tough one man might have to get it appraised before u go any farther

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The engraving needs a true story explaining it and documentation. I personaly do not like bling.

FrankenMax

Mar 30, 2011
Round mountain NV
That gun will bring $900 minim to $1800 max. I've kept my eye on them the last few years my grandfather carried one in his F4 phantom and I want one for my collection.