Auto to manual tcase

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
How can you swap form auto 4wd to manual?

I swapped Newly trucks few weeks ago, I had a manual tcase on my LB7 single cab, he has a electronic 4wd case. I would like to put manual back in the truck due to ease at the strip.

I am also converting the truck to a LLY. Swapped the LLY donor harness into the extended cab already and it doesn't have provisions for a electronic tcase.

Cutting a hole in the floor isn't a problem, but I need to figure out how the front end is actuated... :confused:

Or, convert the truck to 2wd? Have no problem doing that either, with a big tire in the back.

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I have to decide in the next few weeks, truck is gutted and dropping it off to get a 10 point cromoly cage and Kirkey race seats mid July.

Spent a lot of time at TS looking at the fast 2wd trucks, and most are back halfed or one hell of a tire, so not sure, it will be a street toy, but mostly race, I have a CDL and take no chances of getting in trouble on the street anymore.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
worse case, put a switch on the floor next to the shifter for the actuator on the front end.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I know you can buy cable actuators also for dodge trucks front end actuators. Maybe for chevys to?But you already have the electronic actuator that would be easiest to just slap a switch on it. But it might be plug and play aside from the hole in the floor that is.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
so with the floor shifter, is there a switch on the t-case that just breaks ground or power to the actuator on the front diff? im curious about this as well.