Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM
GM TECH @ PRINCE CHEVROLET

Truck: 2006 Chevy Duramax
Engine: 403ci LBZ Diesel
Transmission: Automatic

Default Stainless LB7 Downpipe

Are there any clearence issue with the stainless LB7 downpipe? No firewall rubbing? What size it it website doesn't clarify?
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax Summit White CCSB Tan (neutral) leather LT3 pkg w/sunroof OEM bra 4x4, ISSPRO EV, ATS Twin CP3's, Built Allison, Eaton E-locker front stock G80 rear, Kennedy Twin pump filter combo kit, Snow Perf Stage 2 w/m injection, 4in to 5in banks tip, HM Big K&N, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Rancho RS9000XL, Fabtech HD TR, Cognito P&I Brace kit, DD/Puller/Work Truck

2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax Summit White CCSB Grey (neutral) leather LT3 pkg OEM bra 4x4, Kennedy Twin Pump Filter Combo Kit, ISSPRO EV, PPE Boost Valve, DTS Built Allison, MikeL Cooler, ATS Billet Flexplate, DTS 3in DS IC pipe, Bill's 5in CAI (White), Big K&N, 4in to 7in black stack, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Cognito P&I Brace kit, Sleeves, Energy Sway bar Kit, DD/Puller/Work truck

Special Thanks: (David) DTS, (Guy) Socal Diesel, (Nick & crew) DuramaxTuner, (Dan) PPE, (John) Kennedy Diesel, (Tony) All Season
Old 08-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Vendor

We have had zero issues with clearance with the firewall, the dipstick may have to be tweaked a bit because of the larger diameter tube. The Downpipe is a full 3" mandrel bent tube. The Downpipe was built to line back up to the factory exhaust location. Most aftermarket exhaust systems have worked well. No issues so far!
www.HSPDiesel.com
Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
<-----Lots of green $

Truck: cc/sb
Engine: lb7

Will full 2 inch uppipes fit between the block and your down pipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
Quote: Carter 44
Boost is like a hot girl with an STD...you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
rollncoal07:Twining is wining
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

You come off as a Timeshare Condo salesman on this site.

If you were helping folk with problems, or asking for input on your problems, it might be different, but from where I see, you are only a little different than the Russian spammers selling iPads that we delete.

Act like more of a human, and less like a spambot, and you'd probably catch less heat. This is "family", and it's our corner bar, and a group of guys with grease all over them leaning over fenders of somebodies truck that ain't making the right boost.

It's also one of few sites with more hardcore wrenches and racers than wannabees.

You're welcome to be a member here, and post about your build, but don't expect people to shower you with roses yet. That comes with seat time on the site, and on the track.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:11 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk smoke lb7 View Post
Will full 2 inch uppipes fit between the block and your down pipe?
Yes they will, Its snug, But they do all fit
www.HSPDiesel.com
Old 08-23-2013, 02:37 PM
GM TECH @ PRINCE CHEVROLET

Truck: 2006 Chevy Duramax
Engine: 403ci LBZ Diesel

Are you refering to the trans dipstick needing to be tweaked? If it'll clear the firewall whats it hitting on the dipstick tube? I'm not sure I get your point? Glad to know its a 3in stainless piece though.
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax Summit White CCSB Tan (neutral) leather LT3 pkg w/sunroof OEM bra 4x4, ISSPRO EV, ATS Twin CP3's, Built Allison, Eaton E-locker front stock G80 rear, Kennedy Twin pump filter combo kit, Snow Perf Stage 2 w/m injection, 4in to 5in banks tip, HM Big K&N, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Rancho RS9000XL, Fabtech HD TR, Cognito P&I Brace kit, DD/Puller/Work Truck

2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax Summit White CCSB Grey (neutral) leather LT3 pkg OEM bra 4x4, Kennedy Twin Pump Filter Combo Kit, ISSPRO EV, PPE Boost Valve, DTS Built Allison, MikeL Cooler, ATS Billet Flexplate, DTS 3in DS IC pipe, Bill's 5in CAI (White), Big K&N, 4in to 7in black stack, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Cognito P&I Brace kit, Sleeves, Energy Sway bar Kit, DD/Puller/Work truck

Special Thanks: (David) DTS, (Guy) Socal Diesel, (Nick & crew) DuramaxTuner, (Dan) PPE, (John) Kennedy Diesel, (Tony) All Season