Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Gearhead

Truck: CC/SB
Engine: LB7
Transmission: Automatic
Default remote engine starter for diesel

is there a remote engine starter available for the Duramax, keeping in mind that there needs to be a time delay for starting it cold.
All remote engine starters I know start the engine immediately you press the button.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 PM
<-----Lots of green $

Truck: cc/sb
Engine: lb7

Most of the decent 1s are programable as far as how long the ingition stays in the on position before it crancks ive had 1 on for 4 years and no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
Quote: Carter 44
Boost is like a hot girl with an STD...you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
rollncoal07:Twining is wining
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

You come off as a Timeshare Condo salesman on this site.

If you were helping folk with problems, or asking for input on your problems, it might be different, but from where I see, you are only a little different than the Russian spammers selling iPads that we delete.

Act like more of a human, and less like a spambot, and you'd probably catch less heat. This is "family", and it's our corner bar, and a group of guys with grease all over them leaning over fenders of somebodies truck that ain't making the right boost.

It's also one of few sites with more hardcore wrenches and racers than wannabees.

You're welcome to be a member here, and post about your build, but don't expect people to shower you with roses yet. That comes with seat time on the site, and on the track.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Hotrodder

Truck: '03 CC/LB 2500HD 4X4

I have used an AstroStart for years, but they are $$$$$..

Black Max:
'03 2500 4x4 CC/LB
Too much to list on a stock bottom end
Special thanks to Pat & Kat McSwain, MikeL, Guy, Trent, and others from here-thank you for the great ideas!
EPR triples

Emma:
'04 2500 4x4 EC/SB
Diamond Eye exhaust, Banks Big Head, gauges. EFILive, and a limped tranny...who knew?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
<-----Lots of green $

Oh 1 more thing i had got it for christmas and the shop doing the install,im not kidding 12 times i had to bring it back bfore the guy finaly gave me my mony back,i took it to a guy recomnded to me from a couple friends and he said no wonder the guy was using stake on terminals.Make sure you get a good installer after he did it i never had another problem he sodered all the conections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
Quote: Carter 44
Boost is like a hot girl with an STD...you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
rollncoal07:Twining is wining
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

You come off as a Timeshare Condo salesman on this site.

If you were helping folk with problems, or asking for input on your problems, it might be different, but from where I see, you are only a little different than the Russian spammers selling iPads that we delete.

Act like more of a human, and less like a spambot, and you'd probably catch less heat. This is "family", and it's our corner bar, and a group of guys with grease all over them leaning over fenders of somebodies truck that ain't making the right boost.

It's also one of few sites with more hardcore wrenches and racers than wannabees.

You're welcome to be a member here, and post about your build, but don't expect people to shower you with roses yet. That comes with seat time on the site, and on the track.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 PM
now 33% larger!

corey trump (ctrump90 i think) has one on his lb7. he said it works good but he had to do his own wiring
s&b intake, banks exhaust, II 66 silver bullet, profab headers, II 45 overs, ATS dual fueler, efi live by bobo, air dog II, suncoast trans and ml converter
04 Chevy ECSB LB7 arrival blue
banks intake, silverline dual exhaust, efi live dsp5 by idaho rob, bd trans pan, rear air bag tow assist
Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Hotrodder

Truck: EC/SB

I got the directed smart start on my lb7, had issues at first, but all works great now. No complaints. Lets the glow plugs warm the right amount of time also
LBZ rods, ARP Head Studs, 475 over stock twins
4 Inch Turbo Back Straight Pipe
3 inch Downpipe
20" XD Monsters
Suncoast Gmax and Precision ML Converter - Built By Me
Airdog 165

Died 9/13/12 - broken valve
Born Again 12/16/12
Died again 1/9/13

2011 GMC Sierra SLT LML
stock- and staying that way
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Monster Maxx

Truck: 2002 Chevy duramax

I got one on mine no probs also!Only sucky part is the alarm in order to arm the factory alarm the door has to be open when you hit the lock button other then that i like it

2002 LB7 (170,000)
EFI Live Toman Special
5" Single stack Exaust 3" turbo direct
Drivers side lml manifold
Air Dog II 165
Big Dipper Stage IV Trans/ ML converter
Trans case brace,pump rub kit
Cognito braces,and tie rod sleeves
Banks big Head /PPE boost valve
Auto meter Phantom Guages Pyro,Fuel,Boost
Intake horn mod,fprv mod,lbz fpr
mbrp hot side 3" ic pipe
H2's wrapped with 285/70/17 mastercraft courser at's
480rwhp/858tq 05/26/12
Stock turbo & sticks 540rwhp/1022tq 08/8/12
A SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Chris R,JustinD,JayF,Chachee,Jeremy holmes,Cody B,Derek B,Toman,George aka Big Dipper,&everyone else who got their hands dirty to get the truck to the level it is at!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Gearhead

Truck: CC/SB

great info, thanks guys. Will look at the ones mentioned here and go from there.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Turning it back up!

Truck: CCSB
Engine: LMM

I installed an audiovox remote start in an lb7. Total coat was $80 and you use your factory key fob. You hit "lock,unlock,lock" and it starts.
Built motor, Fingers Cast Pistons, 3388AF Cam, PPE Dual CP3's, Exergy 60% LBZ inj, Danvile BMW GT3794-Billet 483 with SDP piping, RDL, DTS Built Trans with Raybestos clutches/1054, BT lock up, Air Dog, Banks, PPE, CalTracs, QA1, M/A, Isspro, Novakanes/420's,Tuning from Mark@Danville or Kory@PPEI

987hp/1627tq fuel only

7.25@97 1/8-11.60@119 1/4 <Stock motor
Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 AM
Hotrodder

Truck: 01 Chevy CCSB 4wd
Engine: LB7 6.6

I have seen several hack jobs from "installers" I would do it myself if I were you. I installed a Clifford 50.7x in my wifes 05 Yukon, and really like it, do your homework most quality kits will tie in the wait to start circuit

Sent from my MK16a using Tapatalk

Mine: 01 CCSB Siverado built trans,LBZ CP3, Billet S366, Yukon Grizzly Currently in a a frame off restoration....

Hers: 07.5 CCSB GMC Sierra SLT LMM, XD Spys, Tuned and deleted
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Hotrodder

Truck: CC/LB
Engine: LML

used to have a Viper alarm and the only problem that i had with it was the fact that i opted for the cheap "Pay cash ill do it for this" installer and they did a crummy job so it lost power. But when it was working it would do everything remot start and wait till the light on the dash went off before starting. and it also would unroll the windows/
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Boats an Hoes!

Truck: 2K4.5 ECSB
Engine: LLY

I have a Avator or some crap, it's made by DEI and they make Viper and them name brands. I have a 20 second delay before it starts up. Ive had it for about the whole time I've had the truck. I got it in September of 2011. I think I have used my key maybe 30 times since I got it.

13.88 @ 101.96, 2.20 60'
2K4.5 Silverado 2500HD LLY Duramax
Big Dipper Level 4 Allison Transmission

MoonShine
www.COTNP.com
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgullett83 View Post
I have seen several hack jobs from "installers" I would do it myself if I were you. I installed a Clifford 50.7x in my wifes 05 Yukon, and really like it, do your homework most quality kits will tie in the wait to start circuit

Sent from my MK16a using Tapatalk
This is correct. Any decent kit has a wait to start wire. I have a python, also made by DEI, in my 05 and it works great.

Smart start is the only way to go.

Sold - Burgundy 08 Chevy CC/SB D/A - DSP5 by Dave Stuart, 5" straight pipe, EGR blocked, PPE Race valve, Raptor 150

Sold - Summit White 05 GMC CC/SB 4x4 D/A - AFE Intake, Straight Piped, PPE Standard, Van Aaken 0/70/110
Sold - Inferno Red 06 Dodge CC/SB 4x4 CTD G56 - Straight Piped, No Kitty, Smarty
Sold - Black 03 EC/SB 4x4 D/A - PPE Hot, V/A 0/70/110, 5" Straight Pipe, K&N Intake, Autometer Gauges.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
ctrump90

Truck: EC/SB

I have a remote start in my truck you will need a module to interface with the passlock 2 gm uses. I have all the wiring schematics laid out in paper wire to wire. Can get them to u if I like. Then just follow my diagram and anyone with a solder gun could do it. It has wait to start and turbo timer in it. Not.one problem yet. Going on 4 months not one problem.
03 ec/sb PPE stage 5 trans kit ml converter-ats copilot-4" turbo back straight pipe-drivers side lml manifold-AFE stage 1 dry intake- PPE boost valve- remote start- DSP5-2 pod pillar- 150 shot of nitrous-profab downpipe-8K hid lows and highs- color matched everything-18x10 diamo's- wrapped in 33x12.5 cooper stt's.

I want to give a big thanks to the boys at dieselx they have gone above and beyond to get my truck to the level it is at. Thanks Darryl and Bob.I also want to thank all the others that have helped along the way. ( Wayne, Scott, John)
Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Let's Start A Riot

Truck: CCSB
Engine: LLY

Does it work/interfere with efi live?

2013 Silverado, Plasti Dipped front bowtie, Naked tailgate

SOLD'05 CC 4x4, 5" Straight, EFI live, Cognito tie rods and braces, Rancho 9000 XL, bumper lift, PPE shim, JVC 840, 3" shackles, T & B Fab traction bars, 20" H2's, PPE V, Precision ML, FASS Titanium 150, S475 w/race cover over stock, 3" y bridge, afe hot pipe

One Big Ass Mistake America