Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #1  
Old 12-26-2011, 09:37 AM
RichLMM's Avatar
RichLMM RichLMM is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Kingstown RI
Posts: 708
Default leaky fuel rail fitting

I've had a PPE dual fueler kit on my truck for awhile now and the other day at the grocery store i noticed a fuel odor coming from the truck i went in came back out and saw a small puddle under the truck got home and searched for awhile and figured it was coming from the drivers side fuel rail pinpointed it to the fitting at the end of the rail for the dual fueler took the line off to try and tighten the fitting its as tight as i can get it put the line back on ran the truck and still leaking its driving me insane has anyone else had this issue or have a solution for me? thanks
__________________
2012 lml 3500 srw tow rig
2001 2.6 truck the other woman


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-26-2011, 12:17 PM
RichLMM's Avatar
RichLMM RichLMM is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Kingstown RI
Posts: 708
Default

just replaced the oring on the fitting its still leaking this is irritating not being able to drive my truck i have no idea why it would start leaking after 9 months of being on there
__________________
2012 lml 3500 srw tow rig
2001 2.6 truck the other woman


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-26-2011, 07:13 PM
RichLMM's Avatar
RichLMM RichLMM is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Kingstown RI
Posts: 708
Default

no one? i was hoping dan would see this and chime in
__________________
2012 lml 3500 srw tow rig
2001 2.6 truck the other woman


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-26-2011, 07:21 PM
JD Dave's Avatar
JD Dave JD Dave is offline
In way over my head
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Truck: cc/sb
Engine: LMM
Transmission: Automatic
Posts: 2,428
Default

Is it coming from the adapter or the line fitting? I had to tighten then heck out of my adapter to get it not to leak. Also the oring wasn't a common size, your sure it was the right one? I put a little fatter one in and mine leaked. why not just take the dual fuelers off since you won't be pulling with that truck anymore.
__________________
Special thanks to: HSPDiesel.com and Danville Performance.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-27-2011, 04:21 AM
RichLMM's Avatar
RichLMM RichLMM is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Kingstown RI
Posts: 708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Dave View Post
Is it coming from the adapter or the line fitting? I had to tighten then heck out of my adapter to get it not to leak. Also the oring wasn't a common size, your sure it was the right one? I put a little fatter one in and mine leaked. why not just take the dual fuelers off since you won't be pulling with that truck anymore.
i'm gonna be taking them off but its so damn cold out right now and i dont have a garage to work on it in my hands go numb after a few minutes so i'm just gonna remove it all when we have warmer weather...i'll go to the dealer and get the exact oring for the FPRV that way there i'm not fishing around looking for one
__________________
2012 lml 3500 srw tow rig
2001 2.6 truck the other woman


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-31-2011, 02:41 PM
xtremebikr04's Avatar
xtremebikr04 xtremebikr04 is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vermont
Truck: cc/sb
Engine: LBZ
Transmission: Automatic
Posts: 591

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichLMM View Post
I've had a PPE dual fueler kit on my truck for awhile now and the other day at the grocery store i noticed a fuel odor coming from the truck i went in came back out and saw a small puddle under the truck got home and searched for awhile and figured it was coming from the drivers side fuel rail pinpointed it to the fitting at the end of the rail for the dual fueler took the line off to try and tighten the fitting its as tight as i can get it put the line back on ran the truck and still leaking its driving me insane has anyone else had this issue or have a solution for me? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichLMM View Post
just replaced the oring on the fitting its still leaking this is irritating not being able to drive my truck i have no idea why it would start leaking after 9 months of being on there
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichLMM View Post
i'm gonna be taking them off but its so damn cold out right now and i dont have a garage to work on it in my hands go numb after a few minutes so i'm just gonna remove it all when we have warmer weather...i'll go to the dealer and get the exact oring for the FPRV that way there i'm not fishing around looking for one
If I remember correctly when i put the dual cp3 on my lbz you dont use an oring on the adapter fitting on the back of the driverside fuel rail.
__________________
2006 2500HD ccsb 4WD LBZ
New build underway!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Harbin_22's Avatar
Harbin_22 Harbin_22 is offline
Turning it back up!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Truck: CCSB
Engine: LMM
Transmission: Automatic
Posts: 2,741

Default

Let me know when they go up for sale
__________________
10' CCSB
Built motor, Fingers Cast Pistons, 3388AF Cam, PPE Dual CP3's, Exergy 100% inj, Danvile BMW GT3794-Billet 483 with SDP piping, RDL, DTS Built Trans with Raybestos clutches/1054, BT lock up, Air Dog, Banks, PPE, CalTracs, QA1, M/A, Isspro, Novakanes/420's,Tuning from Mark@Danville or Kory@PPEI

987hp/1627tq fuel only

7.25@97 1/8-11.60@119 1/4 <Stock motor
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 PM
RichLMM's Avatar
RichLMM RichLMM is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Kingstown RI
Posts: 708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremebikr04 View Post
If I remember correctly when i put the dual cp3 on my lbz you dont use an oring on the adapter fitting on the back of the driverside fuel rail.
yea i was told that and for 9 months it didn't leak...i guess trying th oring on it might help?
__________________
2012 lml 3500 srw tow rig
2001 2.6 truck the other woman


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 PM
LBZrcks's Avatar
LBZrcks LBZrcks is offline
.........
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoCal
Truck: 06' LLY
Engine: LLY/Z
Transmission: Automatic
Posts: 6,086

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremebikr04 View Post
If I remember correctly when i put the dual cp3 on my lbz you dont use an oring on the adapter fitting on the back of the driverside fuel rail.
X2
__________________

06' Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4x4, EFI Live, PPE GT40/GTX45 Twins, Socal 60s, Mike L. Trans


Previous Dmax's
08' Sierra LMM CCLB Z71, Mike L. Trans, EFI Live, McRat Racing Tune 12.97@102.73
06' Sierra LBZ RCLB 4X4, Mike L. Trans, EFI Live, McRat Racing Tune 12.25@111.30
06' Chevy LBZ CST 9-11 Candy Red and Chrome04' Chevy LB7 FabTech 8" Suncoast III w/TTS Converter
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Dan@PPE's Avatar
Dan@PPE Dan@PPE is offline
Diesel Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 2,423

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremebikr04 View Post
If I remember correctly when i put the dual cp3 on my lbz you dont use an oring on the adapter fitting on the back of the driverside fuel rail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZrcks View Post
X2
This is correct! Its not needed on the fitting that goes into the rail.

I am working on this via PM's with the OP.
__________________
2002 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LB7 2 Wheel drive 950+ RWHP
11.17@126 in the 1/4 with a 7.2x@100 in the 1/8th.
NEW BEST in the 1/8th 6.95@102, 10's Here I come!!

2003 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB LB7 4X4

2005 Chevy 2500HD RC/LB 4X4..............
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-31-2011, 07:01 PM
D-MAX Mafia's Avatar
D-MAX Mafia D-MAX Mafia is offline
Hood down, smoke up!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Truck: CC/SB
Engine: LBZ
Transmission: Automatic
Posts: 1,172

Default

Dads truck leaks right out of the top of the drivers side rail @ the pressure relief port. Had to install a catch can to keep from dumping diesel everywhere. It has a PPE Dual Fueler also.

On the Droid X
__________________
Ben
2006 CCSB LBZ 4x4
12.6@105
175k miles
Stock motor, injectors and cp3
Zone 6", 35" BFG AT2's, Billet 4094, S&K Allison trans, A-1 gears and Dodge Posi, EFI Live and Evil Arc Fabrication goodies

2006 CCSSB Vortec Max 4x4
Lifted, intake, 4.56's....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Dan@PPE's Avatar
Dan@PPE Dan@PPE is offline
Diesel Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 2,423

Default

If its leaking out of the port then the issue is either..... The fitting is not tight enough, the seat on the fitting is damaged or the inside of the rail is damaged. You should NOT have ANY leaks with our kits....
__________________
2002 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LB7 2 Wheel drive 950+ RWHP
11.17@126 in the 1/4 with a 7.2x@100 in the 1/8th.
NEW BEST in the 1/8th 6.95@102, 10's Here I come!!

2003 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB LB7 4X4

2005 Chevy 2500HD RC/LB 4X4..............
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-01-2012, 07:31 AM
RichLMM's Avatar
RichLMM RichLMM is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Kingstown RI
Posts: 708
Default

i didn't for 9 months lol now its driving me nuts!
__________________
2012 lml 3500 srw tow rig
2001 2.6 truck the other woman


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM
D-MAX Mafia's Avatar
D-MAX Mafia D-MAX Mafia is offline
Hood down, smoke up!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Truck: CC/SB
Engine: LBZ
Transmission: Automatic
Posts: 1,172

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@PPE View Post
If its leaking out of the port then the issue is either..... The fitting is not tight enough, the seat on the fitting is damaged or the inside of the rail is damaged. You should NOT have ANY leaks with our kits....
This is on the black truck. I think it has 8000 miles on it. It started leaking a while back. I hadnt touched it since it left the shop. Tore everything down and all was good and tight, reinstalled, same problem.

On the Droid X
__________________
Ben
2006 CCSB LBZ 4x4
12.6@105
175k miles
Stock motor, injectors and cp3
Zone 6", 35" BFG AT2's, Billet 4094, S&K Allison trans, A-1 gears and Dodge Posi, EFI Live and Evil Arc Fabrication goodies

2006 CCSSB Vortec Max 4x4
Lifted, intake, 4.56's....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Dan@PPE's Avatar
Dan@PPE Dan@PPE is offline
Diesel Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 2,423

Default

Ben,

Call me!
__________________
2002 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LB7 2 Wheel drive 950+ RWHP
11.17@126 in the 1/4 with a 7.2x@100 in the 1/8th.
NEW BEST in the 1/8th 6.95@102, 10's Here I come!!

2003 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB LB7 4X4

2005 Chevy 2500HD RC/LB 4X4..............
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors