Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 11-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Gearhead

Truck: CC/LB
Transmission: Automatic
Default Lbz oil and fuel leak

About a two months ago I noticed fuel dripping off the back of my motor, drivers side, and running down the bell housing. It was a real slow leak. Last week I noticed engine oil leaking out of the bell housing area. It looks like the flywheel is flipping it every where. Wondering what the problems are how hard it will be to fix it.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Hotrodder

Truck: MegaCab
Engine: 6.7

The oil leak could be a rear seal. And the fuel could be leaking from a rail or the back of the cp3 and running down the valley and off the front of the bell housing.

Now pimpin a '08 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Idiot with a wrench

Truck: '04 Sierra CCSB
Engine: LLZ

Well thats two of about two dozen things that can cause the leaks you describe, best thing to do is clean the engine top to bottom, clean and dry enough you would eat off it, Run the engine for awhile (do not drive it) get a good brite light and start looking, your gonna need to get intimate with your engine compartment and remove air cleaner intake pipe and resonator for better viewing. Your fuel leak should be first visible.......Good luck.
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever. Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals'. Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

"I have a real hard time trusting anyone who would spend $40 million applying for a job that pays $400,000 a year". Pat McSwain.

If someone pulls out all the stops for you, should'nt that mean your done taking a bath...?

'04 CCSB ex-LB7 put out to pasture at 241,000, Repowered W/05 LLY, LBZ intake system, custom Allseason intake pipe, LML filter housing, LMM intercooler pipes, LBZ water pump, ARP head studs, Edge CTS gauging only, EFI Idiot tuning by me. Thanks to Mike L, All the McRats, PPE, Dan Grant, Guy Trip, Gasuout(johnny), LBZrocks(Jason), TheNeens(chris), Blackmamba(ruben).
Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
'Can do' kindof guy

Truck: EC/LB
Engine: LC9

check the top of each injector to see if the returns are leaking. one of mine was cracked.