Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-25-2017, 12:11 PM
Hotrodder

Default Hill pulling

Hey guys
I've been pulling 15k 5th wheel with my lb7 for about 5 years from jersey to South Carolina through the hills of Virginia. It's been decent pulling the grades in the past without beating on it. This year I've noticed a big difference!! If I don't get the speed up I'm down in 3rd gear struggling!! The only thing different is I've added about 500 to 600lbs to the trailer. Truck runs fine other wise. I'm thinking it's time for a gear change. I'd appreciate any feed back!!
Thanks Mike
P.S the truck only has 45k on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
04 LB7, Duramax tuner,Rickson wheels with Goodyear 14ply tires,banks exhaust brake,banks inter cooler,4in Banks with muffler, PPE boost valve, edge CTS for gauges, MBRP down pipe, Banks CAI with super scoop,Fass 150 titanium lift pump, DRP intake horn, driver side exhaust manifold, helwig front and rear sway bars,bilstein shocks,Ppe rear dif cover and transmission pan, centric slotted rotors with act brake pads,stainless brake lines,transfer case brace,kryptonite tie-rods,stock trans and turbo.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Yes, its really me

You might try cleaning the maf sensor good. Check for boost leaks.

Or get a good scan tool and have someone who knows what they are doing watch it it while you are towing.

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)

Best 1/8th, 6.60, 106.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Hotrodder

Would the maf set a code? I think I can see maf readings through my edge gauges. Unfortunately im on vacation now and all my scanners are at the shop at home. However everything that comes in my shop is gassers. I hate to admit this but I'm clueless when it comes to diesel diag.

04 LB7, Duramax tuner,Rickson wheels with Goodyear 14ply tires,banks exhaust brake,banks inter cooler,4in Banks with muffler, PPE boost valve, edge CTS for gauges, MBRP down pipe, Banks CAI with super scoop,Fass 150 titanium lift pump, DRP intake horn, driver side exhaust manifold, helwig front and rear sway bars,bilstein shocks,Ppe rear dif cover and transmission pan, centric slotted rotors with act brake pads,stainless brake lines,transfer case brace,kryptonite tie-rods,stock trans and turbo.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Yes, its really me

Not necessarily. I've seen LB7s read very low on air flow and limit power because of it without setting a code.

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)

Best 1/8th, 6.60, 106.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 02:08 PM
Hotrodder

Ok thanks I'll clean it and see what happens

Old 06-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Hotrodder

You don't know the specs off the top of your head?