Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Billy The Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004LB7 View Post
From Merriam Webster: a person who lives in the country far away from cities and who is often regarded as someone who lacks education, who is stupid, etc.

Not trying to be an ass or anything, just if the OP found it pertinent to describe the previous tuner as such then it may have had bearing on his reasoning to start over making his own tune.
Iím glad you can use the google search bar and know how to copy and paste.. guess that clears you from being under the same definition? donít be so quickly to judge someone.
Tuned by Unleashed Duramax Tuning
Crenshaw Ranch, LLC. 8LB7s, 7LLYs, 1LBZ , 2LMMs, 1L5P
Thanks to Evan@Limitless, yellowchevy, and Henry@COTNP
Old 01-06-2018, 12:12 PM
This 1 time, at band camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickLL7Crenshaw View Post
Iím glad you can use the google search bar and know how to copy and paste.. guess that clears you from being under the same definition? donít be so quickly to judge someone.
Really dude? He wasn't being an ass.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Just Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Really dude? He wasn't being an ass.
Blake wasnít being an ass. He was just trying to get the message across to not be quick to call somebody a hillbilly espically in this case when the hillbilly knows more than the original poster.

There is no need for these types of threads anymore IMO. All the information to learn how to write tunes is online if you search, have the necessary brain capacity, and have a passion for it.

IF the OP can tune a cummins he should have no problem switching to a Duramax. In the end itís all more fuel, more timing, more air, and more psi...Right lol? being smooth like Keith stone helps too.

"Vern" 2002 Reg can (with a cap) 300,000 original miles. Lowered, tuned, sold to some jackass who blew it up instantly.

"Vendetta" Nobody knows but she gonna eat

You cant put a price on fun
Old 01-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

O/P needs to begin by looking in the sticky threads in this section and reading Pat's old 20/20 tune thread, and Josh's timing calculator instead of asking for tutor help in this way. Its next to impossible to teach someone about tuning in a post without it turning into a novel. I believe there are tutorials on the EFILive forum too, arent there?

The o/p needs to do as the guys said....start with his own stock tune and make small changes, then log and repeat until he gets where he wants to go.
IMO, learn on a single tune before ever attempting to create a DSP5 set.
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the fun little DD
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 01-06-2018, 04:33 PM
Hotrodder

We finally get a new guy that not only asks fun and and actual performance related questions, he also responds respectfully and is completely honest in his responses, and we attempt to run him off............................................

I know this stuff has been hashed out years ago, in the early days of this forum but, not all the answers are there, and it really isn't well organized. I know most of the needed knowledge comes from making changes and logging.

Why try to discourage a guy from asking legit questions when he has obviously put in a decent amount of effort to begin with.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc1025 View Post
We finally get a new guy that not only asks fun and and actual performance related questions, he also responds respectfully and is completely honest in his responses, and we attempt to run him off............................................

I know this stuff has been hashed out years ago, in the early days of this forum but, not all the answers are there, and it really isn't well organized. I know most of the needed knowledge comes from making changes and logging.

Why try to discourage a guy from asking legit questions when he has obviously put in a decent amount of effort to begin with.
2x

Well I did it the hard and slow way as recommend here, it would have been nice to have a little guidance along the way. I have years in tuning my own trucks and I am still nowhere near as skilled as some of the members here. Josh H's timing calculator was a life saver but it didn't do all I needed. I had to search high and low on the forums, not just here, in order to get to where I am now. Fish tuning tutorials where fantastic at filling in where many of the threads left off.

I would hate to see new members get turned away because "its already been talked about" or some other variation. Truthfully, one can spend a month reading the forum and still be scratching his head. Thats why it great to be able to ask the question again with maybe a different view or angle to see if the topic can be better explained.

Many would not be here in this forum if we told everyone to use the search function and read the stickies. While they should do that, a healthy conversation that is not lost in the hundreds of pages in the stickies can do wonders for the community. It keeps it from going stale and encourages new members to join and participate in advancing diesel preference

To the OP, dont give up. Do slow down a little and study the tune a bit more. While the Cummins and Duramax are both diesel, they are by no means the same engine or use the same tuning. It is helpful to have the Cummins tuning background as much of the theory applies. but to be honest, the Duramax community has been at it for many years longer than the Cummins community. A lot of hard work and broken parts went into making what we have now. So sit back and enjoy the ride. If you hang around long enough you can have one awesome running truck. It will take a lot of work on your end too but don't give up

Sorry for the long rant, Jason out...
Old 01-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Hotrodder

Oh my how did we get here.... one of the first product beginner tuning threads we've had in years. Then it's gets derailed because someone gets offended by the word hillbilly. We are better then this guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:49 PM
Billy The Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
Oh my how did we get here.... one of the first product beginner tuning threads we've had in years. Then it's gets derailed because someone gets offended by the word hillbilly. We are better then this guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I didn’t get offended just making a point, but it’s posts like yours that derail it after it’s water under the bridge. Your right “we” are better then this and now your included.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Shits broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickLL7Crenshaw View Post
I didnít get offended just making a point, but itís posts like yours that derail it after itís water under the bridge. Your right ďweĒ are better then this and now your included.
Shut up

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 01-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Billy The Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
Shut up
Anthony

I’m done
Old 01-06-2018, 10:47 PM
Hotrodder

dylon, give this one a try. I didn't spend too much time making sure all is correct so you may want to look it over and double check everything. also I am basing this somewhat on my truck so it may not translate perfectly to yours. see how it runs. do some logs and adjust from there

Edit: I think I forget to do the timing in some of the DSP tunes

Edit #2: Ok, got the timing in DSP#3 & #4 fixed.

now everyone tear it apart

Last edited by 2004LB7; 01-07-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Didnt mean to sound like a jerk, I just gave the same advice that Ive been given over the years when I first asked about different ways of tuning.
IMO there's just no way you guys can adequately "teach" a tuning class to a beginner thru posts. Theres just so much info to digest....

But -- that being said -- it might be fun to sit back and read what you guys DO come up with. Have at it.
Id love it if you guys made me "eat my words" on this one.
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the fun little DD
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Gearhead

Well. So I had a long ass response thanking everyone and what not and telling how ive started work on my new base stock tune and all that. pressed post and my computer froze and lost the whole dang response so, this time going with the short sweet post. ill check back in, in a few weeks with my hopefully decent running tune. Thanks 2004 for taking the time to make changes ill look over that tune and figure out what and why you did what you did! Thanks guys!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:26 AM
Hotrodder

Default dsp 5 tune

Good luck. Do some searching here and on DP. Read the posts oldest to newest. Most of the good info is probably pre2012. Look all the way back to stuff in 2005 maybe older. That when we where all learning together and has info related to your LBZ. Before that EFI wasnít as well developed and you get into a lot of LB7 only stuff. The Basic concepts are the same for the LB7but thereís enough difference in the tables etc. that it can get confusing. Search EFI, tuning, timing, fuel pressure, pulse, boost, and cylinder pressure. In different combinations to find the good threads.

Maybe post links to the threads you find most helpful for future beginner tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Gearhead

that's a good idea ill start saving all the threads and try to put together one thread, I cant be the only one getting into the dirty game little late