Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-10-2018, 12:25 PM
Hotrodder

Default Motor Mounts

Over the years I have seen many people talk about just changing the drivers side mount , I decided to do both and am I glad I did because the passenger side has completely separated from the steel part of the mount and it did not show any excessive vibration in engine compartment ! And of chores when I tried to take the frame bolts out the first one broke off in the frame ! I noticed a slight bit of red loctite on the threads , so that meant it was time to hit each bolt head on the frame with a few seconds from the MIG , after that they came right out ! Now the one that broke off , it got the same treatment the broken off exhaust manifold bolts got , set a nut on the broken stud weld the inside of a nut hole closed , and it came right out , YA !!!
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 03-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Hotrodder

One of these days I'm going bolt mine if they ain't trash already. I'm just to lazy to get a hoist and do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:33 PM
Isuzu Shakes IT

Mine broke and I just Por patched it back together and bolted it. Screw buying new parts
Old 03-10-2018, 08:22 PM
FNG

My old ones were shot so I went ahead and bolted mine for the new motor. If the motor hadn't been out I probably would have let it hit the hood before doing it.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:17 AM
Oughta Know Better

If you take a map gas or butane torch to the broken bolts, the red loctite will boil out and you will be able to wind out the broken bolt with your fingers.
597/1096 Batmostocker-Gone

06 GMC CC DRW-Gone
08 GMC CC DRW-Gone
New DD/Beater: Beat up 06 GMC CCSB w/ 252,000 miles
Current Tow Rig-12 Ram 4500 Crew

'Oughta K
now Better'- PPL Lim Pro Stock 05 3500 Crew Cab 158" WB 2014 PPP 2.6 Champions
Thanks to Blackout Performance

Old 03-11-2018, 12:25 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeG View Post
If you take a map gas or butane torch to the broken bolts, the red loctite will boil out and you will be able to wind out the broken bolt with your fingers.
Thanks Isaac , the first bolt broke off flush with the frame so I had to do the MIG the nut to it procedure and I figured while the MIG was out I would just give them a little heat and I figured some of the new or very young guys might not know about that easy way to remove a broken bolt or stud , but thanks for your input and keep those pics of some of the crazy things you see at your shop coming ! I was down there a month ago and all you had were very nice rides on your lot , do you keep a crusher out back for those special trade ins ! LOL!
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch