Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 11-08-2017, 09:55 AM
SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT

I tried to drive it to my shop to have an old carb guy tinker with it. The sight bowl shows the correct level but she is still dumping fuel but I didnít make it to the stop light down the street from my home.
Itíll come with time though I guess lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4" MBRP TB AXLE DUMP, EFI IDAHO ROB, PPE RAIL PLUG, S&B AIR, PPE TRANS COOLER, FLEECE TRANS LINES, AIRDOGG 165, EDGE CTS, KRYPTONITE STEERING RODS AND KRYPTONITE IDLER, COGNITO STEREING BRACES, COGNITO DIFF MOUNT, BARS TURNED DOWN AND DROP SHACKLES ON REAR, ALL OTHER PM (REROUTES AND DELETES) PAINT PAINT PAINT

2004.5 LLY :SOLD
5" TB EXHAUST, FASS LIFT PUMP, PPE TUNE, PUMP RUB, MOUTHPIECE, PAINT PAINT AND PAINT
Old 11-08-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryRH View Post
Helluva find

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

$800 hahahaha

4" MBRP TB AXLE DUMP, EFI IDAHO ROB, PPE RAIL PLUG, S&B AIR, PPE TRANS COOLER, FLEECE TRANS LINES, AIRDOGG 165, EDGE CTS, KRYPTONITE STEERING RODS AND KRYPTONITE IDLER, COGNITO STEREING BRACES, COGNITO DIFF MOUNT, BARS TURNED DOWN AND DROP SHACKLES ON REAR, ALL OTHER PM (REROUTES AND DELETES) PAINT PAINT PAINT

5" TB EXHAUST, FASS LIFT PUMP, PPE TUNE, PUMP RUB, MOUTHPIECE, PAINT PAINT AND PAINT
Old 11-08-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
That is a hell of an idea!

Hell yea it would be. Might have to box in the frame!

Old 11-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Making chips or sparks

I remember dad telling people "it's the perfect little truck to go get something, you just can't bring it back home with you". hahahahaha
2002 RC/LB LB7~~Sold~~

Old 11-08-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAX Slim View Post
I remember dad telling people "it's the perfect little truck to go get something, you just can't bring it back home with you". hahahahaha

Hahahaha! Must of had a parking spot saved for it on the side of the highway

Old 11-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
$800 hahahaha

Thats how much I got my red 1/2 ton for.

I look forward to watching your progress on this. It can only end in fun.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 11-08-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Thats how much I got my red 1/2 ton for.

I look forward to watching your progress on this. It can only end in fun.

I have seen people use R1 carburetors on these and somehow squeeze 7000 RPMs out of that little Motor
Not sure how much power you can squeeze out of these I think they were like 60 horse straight out of the box 40 years ago LOL

Old 11-08-2017, 11:32 AM

Default 1978 Chevy LUV Machine

I ordered a new HEI distributor and cap
Denso coil and new spark plug wires from champion with their plugs. Then a carburetor rebuild kit Iím going to try and squeeze some wife out of the original hitachi carb hopefully that will help with my idle
The slight misfire isnít necessarily concerning because it doesnít burn or oil and the Truck only has 76,000 miles

Last edited by Novak; 11-08-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Slowly but Surely

My first truck was a ‘80 LUV 4x4. I loved that thing! I look every once in a while for one to buy cheap and fix up. Just don’t have a place to do it. Hopefully one of these days.

2006 White Silverado LBZ, CC/SB 4x4
EFILive by JoshH, MBRP, S&B, Transgo Jr., AirDog 150, ProFab EGR Delete & Downpipe
Old 11-08-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashygasman View Post
My first truck was a Ď80 LUV 4x4. I loved that thing! I look every once in a while for one to buy cheap and fix up. Just donít have a place to do it. Hopefully one of these days.

Iím hoping that I can commute in it and learn how to do sheet metal work. Iím like $200 into it and Iím pretty confident that will make it daily driver capable! But we are on a forum and we know the fun is far from over then

Old 11-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Slowly but Surely

Quote:
Iím hoping that I can commute in it and learn how to do sheet metal work. Iím like $200 into it and Iím pretty confident that will make it daily driver capable! But we are on a forum and we know the fun is far from over then

Lol. Definitely...the best laid plans.....

2006 White Silverado LBZ, CC/SB 4x4
EFILive by JoshH, MBRP, S&B, Transgo Jr., AirDog 150, ProFab EGR Delete & Downpipe
Old 11-18-2017, 06:29 PM

So I got all the parts in this week! However they sent me a points style cap for some reason so Iím just gonna find one locally. The distributor I got in is an HEI reman so it should do the trick!
Havenít assembled it yet. Been working like a slave to get my shop finished.
Current progress on that doesnít seem like much to the naked eye but I had to pull the old floor stud ends and pop in some fresh 2x8ís. Redo the romex that was never drilled through the studs for some reason. Laid down some R30 to close he heat off in my hydrodip tank room. Pulled my stove chimney so I can cut around it the cleanest looking way. Now Iím dropping in some 3/4Ē tongue and groove sheets on the overhead loft!

I should of taken pics of the end studs, other than running the romex the end studs were a pain getting a 12í piece of lumber around a chimney stack with a maybe 6.5í vault.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:30 PM

The first pic is where it started when I got the shop!

Old 12-08-2017, 01:34 PM

Shop is done and clean. Iíll be pulling the Luv Machine in tonight!

Old 12-08-2017, 01:48 PM
FNG

Quote:
So I got all the parts in this week! However they sent me a points style cap for some reason so Iím just gonna find one locally. The distributor I got in is an HEI reman so it should do the trick!
Havenít assembled it yet. Been working like a slave to get my shop finished.
Current progress on that doesnít seem like much to the naked eye but I had to pull the old floor stud ends and pop in some fresh 2x8ís. Redo the romex that was never drilled through the studs for some reason. Laid down some R30 to close he heat off in my hydrodip tank room. Pulled my stove chimney so I can cut around it the cleanest looking way. Now Iím dropping in some 3/4Ē tongue and groove sheets on the overhead loft!

I should of taken pics of the end studs, other than running the romex the end studs were a pain getting a 12í piece of lumber around a chimney stack with a maybe 6.5í vault.

Looks like a lot to me

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk