Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-13-2017, 10:32 PM
pro-procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troysalm71 View Post
Industrial injection makes a kit. I don't believe it was a whole lot. Me personally I would never ot one of their pumps in again with all the failures.
I will not be putting an ii pump on anything I own.

01 ext cab, 480 over billet ihi, trans with g converter, sac 45s, some #fleecejunk, lots of black, everything built by myself with help from some of the best in the buisness.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me and those whom I bought parts from.

Special thanks to Evan, James, Russell, Mark and all the others I'm forgetting.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:46 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

Its about time something good happened for you, Corbin.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2003 Olds Aurora -- my DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 04-14-2017, 08:03 AM
Gearhead

As I mentioned earlier in the thread S&S has a CP3 drop in for the LML, allows emissions and everything. I've never heard anyone talk bad about S&S stuff. It's supposed to work with factory tuning and everything.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUwelder1212 View Post
As I mentioned earlier in the thread S&S has a CP3 drop in for the LML, allows emissions and everything. I've never heard anyone talk bad about S&S stuff. It's supposed to work with factory tuning and everything.

That is highly unlikely that it works fine on stock tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03 GMC 4x4 CC/SB Intake, 5" SS Exhaust, built motor by Me, Cognito Kryptonite Suspension upgrades, Custom Traction Bars by Me, Suncoast Trans, 1055-1 Convertor, Two AirDog II 200's, Billet Sump, Venom Tuning AKA Me, Custom Fabbed Fuel system, Flexlite Fans, 7.70/92.5 mph 1/8 with two cracked intake ports. HSP TRIPLES ARE HERE AND LOOKING FOR 10"S
2013 LML Daily Driver, 5" FloPro Exhaust, Venom Tuning, Ad 165 4G Lift Pump, Upcoming HSP Billet Bridge And Piping, Upcoming CP3 Conversion
Old 04-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Wound for sound

What size are those tires? I'm ditching these 35's and dropping the truck down. I just pulled the fuel cell and tool box so I have a bed again.

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB

Built trans, tunes, leveled, 35's, big bumper, lots of work.

Leaving it alone
Old 04-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
That is highly unlikely that it works fine on stock tuning.

That's what I was told by Eric merchant a few months back, he said he has installed a few. All on emissions equipped trucks. I have also seen a few other shops advertise it as well and that it is CARB certified
Old 04-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Gearhead

Did some more digging and it looks like the S&S set up isn't a true drop in, it uses a conversion kit but their kit still works with all emissions intact. They also use a "recurved" pump that does not require any tuning and is CARB certified. Dmax store and thoroughbred diesel has it listed on their sites. If I remember right Jason Wehrli also told me a while back that they can make a kit that would work with the egr still on the truck, not 100% sure on that though.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:54 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
I will not be putting an ii pump on anything I own.
Thank god I wouldn't want to even begin to explain. I can say this though I bought a brand new pump which cost 2400. Lasted 170 miles and blew up. Got the second lasted 10 miles An ripped the cp3 gear and blew up again. Cody the owners son then goes to say we've had 90 dyno pulls on that pump no way. I then got refunded never again. I wouldn't place a sticker even on my truck.
2011 cc/sb, efi Kory , 1058 suncoast, stock injectors, HSP y bridge, HSP inter cooler piping, HSP turbo inlet, PPE down pipe,s&b intake, fass 260 ,fleece 10 mm stroker,cp3 conversion from fleece, afe 4 inch stainless ,welded water pump,pcv re routed to moroso catch can,triple pillar autometer pyro fuel pressure rail pressure edge cts2 monitor for everything else, 5 inch zone lift, 35x12.5x20 toyo mts, 20x10 fuel hostage 2 piece wheels. s369 sxe single next
2005 ec/sb was my first for duramax. Limped trans A ton an kept going.(Sold)
2001 Cummins 6 speed was my first diesel. (Sold)
1994 sc/lb 6.5 nv 4500 130000 miles.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:46 AM
pro-procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigrat05 View Post
What size are those tires? I'm ditching these 35's and dropping the truck down. I just pulled the fuel cell and tool box so I have a bed again.
33-12.50-20 on 20x9 "0"

01 ext cab, 480 over billet ihi, trans with g converter, sac 45s, some #fleecejunk, lots of black, everything built by myself with help from some of the best in the buisness.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me and those whom I bought parts from.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:20 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUwelder1212 View Post
Did some more digging and it looks like the S&S set up isn't a true drop in, it uses a conversion kit but their kit still works with all emissions intact. They also use a "recurved" pump that does not require any tuning and is CARB certified. Dmax store and thoroughbred diesel has it listed on their sites. If I remember right Jason Wehrli also told me a while back that they can make a kit that would work with the egr still on the truck, not 100% sure on that though.

If that's so the it will be a good option for someone just looking to convert over. I know it is possible to do it but wasn't aware anyone had done it yet.

03 GMC 4x4 CC/SB Intake, 5" SS Exhaust, built motor by Me, Cognito Kryptonite Suspension upgrades, Custom Traction Bars by Me, Suncoast Trans, 1055-1 Convertor, Two AirDog II 200's, Billet Sump, Venom Tuning AKA Me, Custom Fabbed Fuel system, Flexlite Fans, 7.70/92.5 mph 1/8 with two cracked intake ports. HSP TRIPLES ARE HERE AND LOOKING FOR 10"S
2013 LML Daily Driver, 5" FloPro Exhaust, Venom Tuning, Ad 165 4G Lift Pump, Upcoming HSP Billet Bridge And Piping, Upcoming CP3 Conversion
Old 04-15-2017, 06:04 PM
pro-procrastinator

Took the boat to the lake again today.. love towing with the Lml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 04-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Rockin' the stock tune

I know what you mean about the towing with the LML.

My LML tows way better than my LB7.

'12 LML
'03 LB7 (Sold)

If you feel like everything is under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti