Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 07-28-2017, 11:41 AM
Rod shortning in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
Years ago guys were just throwing the truck in neutral at the end of the pull. Are guys not doing that anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what i have done in the past... sounds like i'm out dated though... guess i'm not "playing with the big boys" anymore.

Moonshine | s475 | Suncoast | Airdog | Studs | Braces | Sleeves | Traction bars |
Old 07-28-2017, 12:33 PM
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaddmaxxx View Post
What do you think they do that is beneficial? When your bump stops are against the rear they arent helping at all.
They help until you hit bump stops.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Hotrodder

Tonight will be the first time I pull with this truck and I am running stock trans tuning with built trans, precision converter factory precision stall. 45% over injectors danville stg2 65mm 3794 and a 10mm pump.

Any tips? Should I click the O/D button off on the line so the converter doesn't lock? I would rather not deal with violent shifts.
2004.5 LLY CCSB Suncoast G-MAX 5 with Precision converter, Energy trans mount, AAM Torsen carrier, DHD transfer case brace, Big Chevy Hitch Trac bars, MBRP down pipe to straight 5 inch diamond eye to 7 inch MBRP tip, 4 inch bills custom intake with S&B oiled filter, S&B intake horn, AD II 165, Ported fuel rail fittings, DRP fuel rail plug, DRP egr delete, LB7 passenger side up-pipe, DRP PCV re-route, Edge CS monitor with EGT probe, Moog Problem solver pitman and idler arm, Cognito PISK, Fab-tech tie rods

Duramaxtuner Built Trans Tunes
Old 07-28-2017, 01:08 PM
Oughta Know Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne-max View Post
They help until you hit bump stops.
You will be against the stops the second you pull out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
597/1096 Batmostocker-Gone

06 GMC CC DRW-Gone
08 GMC CC DRW-Gone
Current Tow Rig-12 Ram 4500 Crew

'Oughta K
now Better'- PPL Lim Pro Stock 05 3500 Crew Cab 158" WB 2014 PPP 2.6 Champions
Thanks to Blackout Performance

Old 07-28-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LB7yz View Post
Tonight will be the first time I pull with this truck and I am running stock trans tuning with built trans, precision converter factory precision stall. 45% over injectors danville stg2 65mm 3794 and a 10mm pump.

Any tips? Should I click the O/D button off on the line so the converter doesn't lock? I would rather not deal with violent shifts.
4low and put it in 3rd gear, if you're not running bump stops then make sure to keep your rear tire pressure up... "should" help with hopping.

Moonshine | s475 | Suncoast | Airdog | Studs | Braces | Sleeves | Traction bars |
Old 07-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balindir View Post
4low and put it in 3rd gear, if you're not running bump stops then make sure to keep your rear tire pressure up... "should" help with hopping.
Should I let it shift through 3rd before I feed it a foot full? My plan is to ease it on until the 100ft mark and then start throttling down and feel out the hopping.

No bump stops.
2004.5 LLY CCSB Suncoast G-MAX 5 with Precision converter, Energy trans mount, AAM Torsen carrier, DHD transfer case brace, Big Chevy Hitch Trac bars, MBRP down pipe to straight 5 inch diamond eye to 7 inch MBRP tip, 4 inch bills custom intake with S&B oiled filter, S&B intake horn, AD II 165, Ported fuel rail fittings, DRP fuel rail plug, DRP egr delete, LB7 passenger side up-pipe, DRP PCV re-route, Edge CS monitor with EGT probe, Moog Problem solver pitman and idler arm, Cognito PISK, Fab-tech tie rods

Duramaxtuner Built Trans Tunes
Old 07-28-2017, 01:27 PM

I ease in until i know i'm on top of the turbo then 100%

Old 07-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Oughta Know Better

Your best chance at doing good is going as fast as you can in the first 150 ft. If you are not able to go 100% right away, fix the chassis or tires until you can.

597/1096 Batmostocker-Gone

06 GMC CC DRW-Gone
08 GMC CC DRW-Gone
Current Tow Rig-12 Ram 4500 Crew

'Oughta K
now Better'- PPL Lim Pro Stock 05 3500 Crew Cab 158" WB 2014 PPP 2.6 Champions
Thanks to Blackout Performance

Old 07-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Yes, its really me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04jimc View Post
Your best chance at doing good is going as fast as you can in the first 150 ft. If you are not able to go 100% right away, fix the chassis or tires until you can.

Exactly. Ease the RPMs up as much as you can while holding the brakes before you cut it loose. Then floor that bitch until you stop moving.

If your scared don't hook to a sled in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)

Best 1/8th, 6.60, 106.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 01:55 AM
Needs Bigger Tires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaddmaxxx View Post
What do you think they do that is beneficial? When your bump stops are against the rear they arent helping at all.
That's exactly when you need them most. While they can help with squatting if clamped tight enough (not allowing the leaves to slide across each other), they are needed more for spring wrap (some tracks/sled make the condition worse). With no (or very short) stops, the spring is under tension from being compressed and helps resists (not stop) bending into an "S" (ie. spring wrap). When the weight of the truck is supported by the stops (to keep the ass-end from dragging), the spring is not compressed and is more easily effected by spring wrap. Yes traction bars are a much better solution but spring clamps help significantly when bars aren't allowed (some stock classes don't allow traction bars) or when on a tight budget.
2006 GMC CCSB 4WD McRat EFI Live , Kennedy dual lift pumps, Champion Stage IV tranny, Mike L converter, cooler and C3 oiler, Suncoast Brace, Eaton E-Locker, Caltracs, homemade pulling hitch, homemade limit blocks, H2's and cooper STT's, Predator, MBRP Cool Duals (not kitty or muffler), EGR blocker, Finger Stick, and all on headlight mod.

80 K20ish Reg Cab Long Bed, Full Roller 496, Manual TH400, Torque Converter Techniques converter, 3:1 planetary setup, NP205, High Angle driveshafts, 4.56's, 35's, Lockers F&R, Dakota digital dash, and custom interior.

www.matpa.org