Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Aircraft Mechanic's Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
running in tow/haul is great if you are already rolling down the road but does nothing for you from a stop. unless you have an extremely good coupling converter and you dont over power it, you will create too much slip between input and output speeds of the converter and the trans will not allow lock up till the slip between the two is within parameters. lock up box over comes this or you can change the slip parameters in EFI Live. some have had issues with it not working on their specific truck though everyone steve has tuned has worked perfectly long with mine. the lock up box from ben will hit lock up at 25mph ever single time on the button. the allison will vary a couple mph i have seen but still WAY better than not adjusting those tables. changing shift tables wont do a thing for what we are talking about here. its all based on when the converter is unlocked and you hammer the throttle. we want lock up in a timely manner.
Thanks for clearing that up. It makes more sense now that reading the descriptions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2004 LB7 2500HD 4X4 CCSB
Mods: LDS 63.5mm turbo, 45% SAC injectors, Built Allison, Mishimoto IC piping, EFI Live, Modded stock intake, Modded intake horn, Intake heater Deleted, Water separator/10 micron/Lift Pump, CAT Filter, 3" down pipe, MBRP 4", Incognito tie rods, High Idle, MA pump rub kit

Tunes by Idaho Rob
Trans Kit from Evan @ Limitless Diesel
Old 09-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Hotrodder

So i ordered one from btdieselworks online on friday and today was refunded money. I m guessing he isnt making them anymore. Anyone know? Hows the older version with auto work? Anyone running one and where did you go to for power