Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 08-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Gearhead

I am not aware of the "Y" but I would suggest your contacting "The Professor/Mike L" and discuss your your application.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Carrillo's, Fingers cast w 37mm reliefs 17:1, ARP, SoCal 3388AF cam, flex-plate, dampner & springs, M/A push rods, DHD y-bridge, coupler & lock-up box, Danville Billet 68R1, motor mounts & water pump, Energy 10mm, 45% over inj, Airdog 4G 165, AFE, Banks, Mag-Hytec, MBRP, Magnaflow, QA1, Cognito, McGaughys, CalTracs, TruTrac, AC Delco Extreme duty rotors, LML 20" & Nitto 305/50/20 420's

Motor built by Danville/tuned by Mark
Mike L Billet Trans w "K" converter

758HP/1441ftlbs

06 HD V-Rod
Progressive suspension, Metzler's, power commander, K & N, V-Mod exhaust

93 Wrangler
4.0L/5spd, zone, Ion Alloys, Mickey Thompson's, mustang seats, The grocery getter
Old 08-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Got Sheep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse2006duramax View Post
The reason I ask is because on goerends website, for ordering it shows a "k" and not a "y" but farther down it in details it shows a "y" and not a "k" and in both places it shows them as 2500-2700 stall speeds
When will you guys learn that stall gets you out of the hole and that's it. After that it means nothing and yet you guys only are concerned with stall.
Coupling is where you need to concern yourselves ( power to the rear wheels asap ) You can have many different converters stalled the same and some of them will nock your socks off and some are total dogs. But after you launch, what happens then?
Most so called builders couldn't pick the correct converter for your truck to save their lives.
Choosing converters properly comes with experience and hundreds of test drives with different trucks and mods.

Tuned by Idaho Rob.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Jesse

Thanks for filling me in and helping me out with it, I don't have much knowledge about it so anything helps and I appreciate. I just wasn't sure because of how their site was set up and that in one spot it's a "k" and no"y" and the next spot there is a "y" but no "k" therefore I didn't know if they were suppose to be the same or if they were different and their site is messed up, I'll call you and talk to you in the morning if you don't mind mike
5"mbrp exhaust, S&B intake, hot and cold side intercooler pipes + high flow Y-bridge hsp, PPE race plug +ported fittings, fass 150 trans tuning by Dmax tuner, efi engine tuning by Danville performance, Danville Performance 3794 Stg2 with upgraded billet 68mm wheel+housing
Old 08-21-2017, 08:07 AM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
When will you guys learn that stall gets you out of the hole and that's it. After that it means nothing and yet you guys only are concerned with stall.
Coupling is where you need to concern yourselves ( power to the rear wheels asap ) You can have many different converters stalled the same and some of them will nock your socks off and some are total dogs. But after you launch, what happens then?
Most so called builders couldn't pick the correct converter for your truck to save their lives.
Choosing converters properly comes with experience and hundreds of test drives with different trucks and mods.
Josh put an X into mine with a billet stator when he built my trans. The coupling is awesome! Of course I don't run near the power level other guys do.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:24 AM
Got Sheep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter08 View Post
Josh put an X into mine with a billet stator when he built my trans. The coupling is awesome! Of course I don't run near the power level other guys do.
The X is a billet stator C converter. Good all around converter.

Tuned by Idaho Rob.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
The X is a billet stator C converter. Good all around converter.
Good to know