Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 08-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROJAN366 View Post
so it probably isn't a great option if your fuel system is already pushed to it's limits.

If you're maxed out then probably not. The one 2.5 truck we put it in we didn't notice a big difference other then it starts like a stock truck and has no haze at idle anymore. Other then it running a lot cleaner can't notice a difference on that. He is maxed out as well for right now until he puts a 2nd cp3 on it. When he does that we will know more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 09:47 AM
GM TECH @ FENDER GMC

Subd what about scheid hot diesel diesel power had a article that was pretty interesting about hot diesel fuels and additives scheid claims 30hp and 100ft lbs if I read that right on there site but it's not street use
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax Summit White CCSB Tan (neutral) leather LT3 pkg w/sunroof OEM bra 4x4, ISSPRO EV, ATS Twin CP3's, Built Allison, Eaton E-locker front stock G80 rear, Kennedy Twin pump filter combo kit, Snow Perf Stage 2 w/m injection, 4in to 5in banks tip, HM Big K&N, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Rancho RS9000XL, Fabtech HD TR, Cognito P&I Brace kit, DD/Puller/Work Truck

2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax Summit White CCSB Grey (neutral) leather LT3 pkg OEM bra 4x4, Kennedy Twin Pump Filter Combo Kit, ISSPRO EV, PPE Boost Valve, DTS Built Allison, MikeL Cooler, ATS Billet Flexplate, DTS 3in DS IC pipe, Bill's 5in CAI (White), Big K&N, 4in to 7in black stack, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Cognito P&I Brace kit, Sleeves, Energy Sway bar Kit, DD/Puller/Work truck

Special Thanks: (David) DTS, (Guy) Socal Diesel, (Nick & crew) DuramaxTuner, (Dan) PPE, (John) Kennedy Diesel, (Tony) All Season
Old 08-18-2017, 05:47 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby Avery View Post
Subd what about scheid hot diesel diesel power had a article that was pretty interesting about hot diesel fuels and additives scheid claims 30hp and 100ft lbs if I read that right on there site but it's not street use
Haisley Machine sells an additive package that you mix with normal pump diesel we have found that it was good for 25 HP and 50 FT/LBS on a 975HP Cummins on the engine dyno so the HP claim on Scheids fuel is believable, the torque gain is probably possible on a big cube low rpm tractor motor. On the same engine and dyno we mixed the Haisley additive in B100 soybean bio diesel and with no changes we picked up 40HP
Old 08-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Gearhead

The bio diesel seems to run that much better then regular diesel then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2017, 09:11 AM
Haisley Never heard of her

Mark, along with myself have tested this fuel. We both have had barrels of it for quite some time.

The Fuel has change several times due to refinery's burning down.
The first batch was the best. I know I have seen it from 10hp all the way to 100hp increase. With a few hard part limits being how it reacts.. but, the issue is for us pulling guys, it does not meet spec for pretty much everyone's fuel rule. Obviously for the money its not worth it for street use and when it comes to drag racing you are pretty much unlimited so save the money and buy a bigger turbo, injector, pump ect. and have a lot more to gain.

'15.5 Denali HD LML.
Exhaust,Tuned, Ratio Tec, twin Kennedy lift pumps.

'05 Twin turbo LLY.
LBZ Block, LBZ S&S 150% overs, LBZ heads, Callies CompStar, Wagler Street rods, Wagler Comp Stg. 2 Camshaft, Hamilton springs, Smith bro. Pushrods, ARP head/main/rockershafts, Dual CP3's, Michiana Diesel built Allison/ 1074-3D Suncoast converter, twins/DP VGT and StainlessDiesel S485/96/1.10 5Blade
Old 08-18-2017, 09:21 AM
Gold Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel-max View Post
Mark, along with myself have tested this fuel. We both have had barrels of it for quite some time.

The Fuel has change several times due to refinery's burning down.
The first batch was the best. I know I have seen it from 10hp all the way to 100hp increase. With a few hard part limits being how it reacts.. but, the issue is for us pulling guys, it does not meet spec for pretty much everyone's fuel rule. Obviously for the money its not worth it for street use and when it comes to drag racing you are pretty much unlimited so save the money and buy a bigger turbo, injector, pump ect. and have a lot more to gain.
My turbo and fuel setups are about as big as I can ever imagine going on a street truck. I was just wondering if this might give me a tenth at the track or drop egt's a bit and maximize my chances of driving home lol
Suncoast Competition trans and Goerend Converter
1125hp/1628lbft 10.52@132

Thanks to
Chris @ Roderiques ATV in Westport MA
Mark Broviak @ Danville
Joe and Dave @ HSPdiesel