Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-16-2018, 06:00 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster50iii View Post
That's too bad, too. It's alot of fun, and something one can take pride In! Doesnt seem alot of people do this themselves much anymore. It's neat reading thru posts around 07-10, when information was shared to help everyone. Now, it's like that door has been closed and locked up.
At one time everybody was helping each other, then word got out about efilive, and everybody and there brother wanted it. Many of them couldn't tune even with help, but they could take others tune and resell them as there own with no guilty conscience because they were free. The tipping point for me was I spent 3 days helping somebody with a truck, finally found the tuning mistake after I started over and went through his tune line by line(found he had switched a unit when making his script), fixxed it, and then seen him post bragging on a forum about how much trouble this truck was and how he was so proud he finally found and fixxed the problem himself. No more after that. I don't mind helping others, but I'm not here to make them money without even a mention of helping them. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

...and there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. There are snakes in every form of motorsport. We've found our share over the years.

Ferm, I personally want to thank you for all the wonderful info you've given over the years. You are an excellent person and a credit to this hobby/sport. I hope you realize that. Get well soon.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- stalled out, no motivation
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 02-16-2018, 08:13 PM
Book 'em, Danno!

i miss the old days
Team Borrowed Time Member #17

Danny@dieselbombers.com
Old 02-16-2018, 08:18 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

You and me both, brother.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- stalled out, no motivation
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 02-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
You and me both, brother.
Me too!

And thanks Ferm, I have always appreciated your input as well.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:51 PM
Too many toys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
Run this script over the other one for more advanced low speed timing. These timing tables gave me slightly better milage, but it would timing rattle below 70 degrees outside. I'm going to try and play with the ECT and IAT multipliers some and get the advanced timing version to work in colder air temps.
What kind of mileage were you seeing? Is it stock transmission safe?

Thanks for posting cals, same thing happens with our Turbo Dodges, you build a tune then someone else takes credit,
Old 04-26-2018, 07:24 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovan View Post
What kind of mileage were you seeing? Is it stock transmission safe?

Thanks for posting cals, same thing happens with our Turbo Dodges, you build a tune then someone else takes credit,
It's been awhile since I run this tune, but I believe I was seeing hand calculated mixxed driving numbers around 18 mpg. I honestly don't remember if this one would hurt a stock alli or not. I'm on my phone, so I can't download it to take a peak to refresh my memory.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:43 AM
Too many toys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
It's been awhile since I run this tune, but I believe I was seeing hand calculated mixxed driving numbers around 18 mpg. I honestly don't remember if this one would hurt a stock alli or not. I'm on my phone, so I can't download it to take a peak to refresh my memory.
Thanks,