Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-26-2018, 03:41 PM
Heavy & Slow

Fuel temps do rise a bit as your tank gets lower, but nothing crazy. From all the miles I put on my truck towing, empty, etc. and seeing the fuel temps, I didn't even install a fuel cooler when I did my Duraburb. It sees almost identical temperatures to the truck despite no cooler.

There was a big thread a while back about fuel temps and mileage, and some people said they saw a difference with cooler fuel temps, but really just a bunch of theory and claims. I don't think anyone ever put in the work to prove it out. I suppose I could put a cooler on my Suburban and see if my MPG goes up, but that would take thousands of miles to get a good feel for it, and if I was too lazy to install one with the body off, I sure ain't installing one now

Old 03-26-2018, 07:01 PM
Dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefightkev View Post
Check the tcase for fluid and metal flakes. I kept hearing a noise that I couldn't figure out. It turned into a grinding noise that would increased on tc lockup. It didn't start leaking fluid till it came out the front drive shaft seal.
Mine leaks out the fron and back seal very little but it os still full
Wicked wheel 2 compressor wheel
High flow intake horn
S&B air intake
6” lift
EFI live 5 selector switch
22x14’s with 35’s
Old 03-27-2018, 12:26 PM
NOT IN OREGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVe3283 View Post
Fuel temps do rise a bit as your tank gets lower, but nothing crazy. From all the miles I put on my truck towing, empty, etc. and seeing the fuel temps, I didn't even install a fuel cooler when I did my Duraburb. It sees almost identical temperatures to the truck despite no cooler.

There was a big thread a while back about fuel temps and mileage, and some people said they saw a difference with cooler fuel temps, but really just a bunch of theory and claims. I don't think anyone ever put in the work to prove it out. I suppose I could put a cooler on my Suburban and see if my MPG goes up, but that would take thousands of miles to get a good feel for it, and if I was too lazy to install one with the body off, I sure ain't installing one now
Mike proved a cooler does help immensely. Dunno where it was but someone posted that the inside of an LML tank had melted from hot fuel on a high hp truck, which ifcorse the LML doesn't come with a cooler. It's already been proven by scientists, engineers and racers that cooler fuel is more energy efficient in all aspects.
Mike L secret squirrel converter
Exergy Sportsman, 4/6 drop, LML 20's/420's
Old 03-27-2018, 12:46 PM
Hotrodder

Jacob , is your truck still running or did something let loose to tell you where the grinding noise was coming from , keep us up to date ! Someone here way have some good advice !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 04-01-2018, 04:48 AM
Dmax

As of roght now i am still chasing this noise, im going to check the parking break and see if it came loose in the wheel?? My parking break barely holds so maybe thats it!
Wicked wheel 2 compressor wheel
High flow intake horn
S&B air intake
6” lift
EFI live 5 selector switch
22x14’s with 35’s
Old 04-02-2018, 06:28 AM
Hotrodder

Parking brakes ain’t very good in these trucks to start with, but worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Hotrodder

Do you have a carrier bearing ? That is why I wanted to know if it is a long bed CC ! They are known to make noise upon light acceleration ! Did you check all the U joints ? Did you push straight up and down on T case output yoke ? Did you drain the $8 worth of T case fluid into your wifes clean white tupperware container , to let us know weather it is full of metal chunks ? You said the T case is full but leaks , so if thats the case the fluid is coming from the tranny seal which you can replace when you do the pump rub kit !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch