Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 10-15-2017, 07:10 AM
Hotrodder

Default Fass acting strange

Helping a friend hook his fass 95 to his lbz. I have done one before but this one has me stumped. Its hooked up right and when I pull the filter I get a nice steady flow. Strange part is when you let pump run and loosen stock filter head bleed port nothing comes out, you can even feel the pump is running but not pushing fuel. But when you tighten the bleed port you can fell the pump pushing fuel again. It's acting like it needs backpressure to pump. Truck stays and dies after 10 seconds. In lost.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:37 AM
Hotrodder

have you tried sucking fuel thru the pump,then turn it on.I know its suppose to be self priming but maybe.are you sure the flow path is right,just throwing ideas out
Old 10-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Hotrodder

Not yet, I had him hook up stock lines and bled it, truck runs. Ill have him try to use the flow thru design and see if truck runs. Not sure if it's correct but I pulled the filter and turned key on. Gets nice flow but it doesn't come out the center metal tube, it comes out on the outside ports. Is that normal or is it supposed to go thru center of filter and the out the outside holes?
Old 10-15-2017, 04:51 PM
Hotrodder

Figured it out. He also installed a XPD fuel filter delete and we put the stock filter back on and runs like a champ. With the delete it must have been sucking air somewhere, the fuel pressure wasn't even following commanded pressure.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Hotrodder

The crap stays on the outside of the filter , just go to Fass ride and watch video ! There should have been no vacuum , maybe you didnt have it primed the hole way . Good luck !
AFE Blade Runner ;DHD Big Air intake;DHD fuel block;DHD pcv reroute;MBRP 4 inch exhaust;DHD 3 inch downpipe; BD driver's side manifold; DHD pass side up pipe ;DHD 3 inch intercooler in and out pipes by Big Foot on & off road shop ; shimmed fprv; FASS fuel system; 5/8 inch pickup; FASS fuel filter delete; EFI live, 5 position switch 250 hp big tune by Crank it up ; built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter by Limitless Diesel; Sulastic shackles;ARP head studs; grade C gaskets; tig-welded water pump ;T stats; by Blackout performance; Merchant t case brace and pump rub kit;drive shaft 1480joints Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars , 5100s