Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-24-2018, 04:02 PM
FNG

Thanks, Torqued. I feel good about the whole project. It kinda re-energized me into putting more effort into fixing up some odds and ends on this truck. I would like to keep it another two years. A friend of mine purchased a brand new F250 Lariot diesel about a year ago. When he sells it in two years he promised it to me. He buys a new truck every few years and takes very good care of them. I'm going to tackle the stepper motors in my instrument cluster now. Better go get another twelve pack. Thanks again for everyones help!

Andy
EFILive DSP5 Autocal Tuning By Kory Willis
Kennedy Twin Lift Pumps, Kennedy MegaFilter
4" Downpipe back Flo~Pro with FTE Resonator
Old 03-13-2018, 09:18 AM
FNG

Hi all. Well, I was happy with my temporary fix. Can't explain this but I have the shift range inhibited problem again. As mentioned in my earlier posts, I changed the NSBU switch and the ignition switch. It is obviously an intermittent problem. This morning I started the truck, pulled it out of the garage and let it warm up a tad in the driveway. About 35 degrees outside so everything is cold. I got a delay when I shifted into drive, the underscore line under D flashed and then I got the lovely shift range inhibited banner. No service engine light. Same thing happens for reverse. After everything warms up, shifts like a new truck. This tells me the transmission is in good health with exception of a minor item (switch/valve/pressure switch manifold??) I'm going to try one more thing, take Mike's advice and change the pressure switch manifold and wiring harness. Here's my question, should I go to Allison and buy original OEM parts or do any of you know where to go (vendor) to get these parts?
Thanks to all who have helped along the way
EFILive DSP5 Autocal Tuning By Kory Willis
Kennedy Twin Lift Pumps, Kennedy MegaFilter
4" Downpipe back Flo~Pro with FTE Resonator