Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Ehhh?.... You don't say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004LB7 View Post
YouTube video or it didn't happen

That must have been fun. Had a similar experience a few years back with some young guy showing off with his girl in the passenger seat of a convertible.

When he got close to me I mashed it and blew his doors off. Must have beat him by more then a truck length by the time I let out. Probably embarrassed him in from of his gril as I didn't see him after that. It was a good day

I had the same thing happen with my local competitor in town. him and his girl were in his dodge and walked him once. let him catch up and walked him again. when they went by after we slowed down he didn't look over but she did lol.
2005 2500HD dmax, CCSB, 4" exhaust, Built motor with Carillo's .020 over 16:5.1 piston with .075 reliefs, Socal 6480 alt fire cam, ported LBZ head's, Exergy 10MM pump Stock lly cp3 on the belt, 400% LBZ injectors, S471/87 compounded with a GT5541R 106MM Fleece billet charger Werhli fab S400 install kit with bridge and piping, Merchant Auto Billet push tubes, Socal Valve springs, Socal valve covers, Socal flex plate, Mishimoto black intercooler, DSP5, Air dog 165,

1986 K10 short bed LQ4/4L80E

1984 CJ7 Powered by a 2000' LS1 5.7L

2015 LTZ Z71 LML, CCLB 3500HD.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Hotrodder

Default Poor vette owner

I got killed by a ST10 Charger a few weeks ago. I googled them and they look to be 430hp if it was stockish. I wish he would have slowed down, but from 65mph he didn't have much trouble walking me. Now that I have a boost gauge that goes over 35psi I can be less conservative with my tuning, so maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:26 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
I got killed by a ST10 Charger a few weeks ago. I googled them and they look to be 430hp if it was stockish. I wish he would have slowed down, but from 65mph he didn't have much trouble walking me. Now that I have a boost gauge that goes over 35psi I can be less conservative with my tuning. Not that my rods are going to be happy with me though.

my buddy had a 16 charger R/T scat pack setup that he had uprated to the 465hp. that boat couldnt keep up with me . he beat me one time YEARS ago before i had twins at the "belmont dragway" in flagstaff. had a little vw 336 taht he hopped up. since that race, he has never beat me since and i make sure of it . He and i built up a 09 vw 2.0 GTi with a ko4, clutch, tuning, ect, ect and that car was quick/fun. he wanted to race me on the tow tune but i knew it wouldnt be enough so i snuck the race tune in without telling him. after i blew his doors off, he got very confused and couldnt figure out what might have been wrong with the car. i couldnt contain my laughter and told him the truth, he was pissed and laughing pretty hard!!

the first time i beat that vw 336 of his at the "belmont dragway", i just had the twins put on and he wouldnt race me. he knew how fast the truck was then. So i said "fine, ill do a no boost 2wd launch". he agreed and i forgot how much more lag you get at 7k feet lol. turbo finally lights and he about the 330 mark. about the 1000ft mark i come right around him with his eyes wide eye. I need to find the video of it, its pretty funny.

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 03-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Hotrodder

One day I'll have a built engine, but until then I just have live with only beating up on cars like that when I can do a boosted launch.

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.