Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidturbo View Post
Stop being party poopers... He's promoting something that will obviously make you guys a few extra millions this year.

I've got a twenty that says it IS 100% DSP based, and uses CANbus commands captured off the OEM network to trigger it.

P.S. You owe me $26 right now, cause every time you authorize my CC for $1 it never refunds that back.. LOL

We weren't raining on his parade. He should take full credit for what he's doing. But we did need to clear up our involvement due to the high number of calls and emails we received and our dealers and distributors received.

DSP is a custom operating system for the ECM, Bens solution requires removal of the BCM for programming. Sure the ECM will need to be flashed to support the BCM modifications but that doesn't make it DSP.

If consumers still choose to call it DSP that's great, it's kind of like people calling a photocopier a Xerox machine, but you don't see Canon or any other manufacturer marketing their competing product as a Xerox machine.

As for your credit card issue, can you please pm me your details and I'll follow it up. That's not okay, and it's not normal for the $1 to not be refunded. I'm happy to track that down for you.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't fool your ECM!, Custom Tune it with EFILive.

2001-2016 DURAMAX 6.6L Custom Tuning Software NOW AVAILABLE

2014-2016 DURAMAX 2.8L Custom Tuning Software NOW AVAILABLE

2006-2016 DODGE CUMMINS Custom Tuning Software NOW AVAILABLE

See what other vehicles you can tune today.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:21 PM
Vendor

Default Lml dsp5?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez91 View Post
Well, it is DSP. Duramax Switchable PERFORMANCE. DSP is only an acronym. EFILive's is Duramax Switchable Programming. But can utilize the same Acronym.

And I don't remember him making any reference to EFILive or claiming it was theirs.

I don't want to place negativity over Ben's achievements, nor get into legal argument over what we've registered for copyright and trademark. That's not what my post, or our conversations with Ben was designed to do. It was designed to clear up things for the consumer. Based on the calls and messages we got and Ben got, clarifying that point was a step in the right direction.

Ben edited his post to remove EFILive and DSP, and has also added that the product isn't associated with EFILive.

Cheers
Cindy

Old 06-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
in the world we live in, the first few you sell that can easily be manipulated should be expected to go straight to your competitor/s. they wont ever come right out and say they are the ones buying but you know they are wanting to see what you did and how they can make it better or profit off it. if you leave the back door open, you can expect to have freeloaders.

im curious if EFI Live does come out with DSP support and bens setup can be used with it, if EFI Live will support him. They dont support anyone but two companys for the CSP switches when used on a cummins and if you have some one elses switch installed like Ira's (fish tuning), they offer you no support unless it is fully removed from the truck.

The RSA encryption on the LML ECM prevents a custom OS. Think of bank like levels of security. RSA can be broken, but the chances of that are relatively low, and certainly not something we'd expect our developers to be able to overcome. Unless the RSA decryption routines landed in our inbox, impossible is probably the best description for DSP for LML.

EFILive has a great working relationship with Ben. We've been working on some other integrations behind the scenes that in time will deliver some neat integration products.

Cheers
Cindy

Old 06-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Support View Post
We weren't raining on his parade. He should take full credit for what he's doing. But we did need to clear up our involvement due to the high number of calls and emails we received and our dealers and distributors received.

DSP is a custom operating system for the ECM, Bens solution requires removal of the BCM for programming. Sure the ECM will need to be flashed to support the BCM modifications but that doesn't make it DSP.

If consumers still choose to call it DSP that's great, it's kind of like people calling a photocopier a Xerox machine, but you don't see Canon or any other manufacturer marketing their competing product as a Xerox machine.

As for your credit card issue, can you please pm me your details and I'll follow it up. That's not okay, and it's not normal for the $1 to not be refunded. I'm happy to track that down for you.

Cheers
Cindy

I have had the same thing happen with my credit card upon purchasing licenses. That is why I just don't buy them thru the EFI Live site anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
03 GMC 4x4 CC/SB Intake, 5" SS Exhaust, built motor by Me, Cognito Kryptonite Suspension upgrades, Custom Traction Bars by Me, Suncoast Trans, 1055-1 Convertor, Two AirDog II 200's, Billet Sump, Venom Tuning AKA Me, Custom Fabbed Fuel system, Flexlite Fans, 7.70/92.5 mph 1/8 with two cracked intake ports. HSP TRIPLES ARE HERE AND LOOKING FOR 10"S
2013 LML Daily Driver, 5" FloPro Exhaust, Venom Tuning, Ad 165 4G Lift Pump, Upcoming HSP Billet Bridge And Piping, Upcoming CP3 Conversion
Old 06-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Hotrodder

Congrats Ben as well. I hope it works out great for you and us!

03 GMC 4x4 CC/SB Intake, 5" SS Exhaust, built motor by Me, Cognito Kryptonite Suspension upgrades, Custom Traction Bars by Me, Suncoast Trans, 1055-1 Convertor, Two AirDog II 200's, Billet Sump, Venom Tuning AKA Me, Custom Fabbed Fuel system, Flexlite Fans, 7.70/92.5 mph 1/8 with two cracked intake ports. HSP TRIPLES ARE HERE AND LOOKING FOR 10"S
2013 LML Daily Driver, 5" FloPro Exhaust, Venom Tuning, Ad 165 4G Lift Pump, Upcoming HSP Billet Bridge And Piping, Upcoming CP3 Conversion
Old 06-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
I have had the same thing happen with my credit card upon purchasing licenses. That is why I just don't buy them thru the EFI Live site anymore.

Happy to follow yours up too if you message me some details.

Cheers
Cindy

Old 06-16-2016, 08:05 PM
C20ELEPHANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetail Addict View Post
Nice job, Ben! I'm glad to see this available. Can you post some info here? I don't have the bookface but the link worked.

Will this work with anyone's tuning? I.e. is this a base file like the old dsp5?

Sidenote : How hard was it to get the 2015.5 tow mirrors to work on the test truck?
Ditto on the bookface, anyone have a HTML5 or youtube link that does not require Adobe Flash Player to play the video in the link below, have not used Adobe Flash for 8-9 years now..

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/btd...57303570961520
Old 06-17-2016, 07:26 AM
11SIX

This is exciting for sure!
Old 06-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidturbo View Post

P.S. You owe me $26 right now, cause every time you authorize my CC for $1 it never refunds that back.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post

Ken and Shane,

I followed up with your queries. Our office manager is happy to send you both copies of your transaction payment histories that show we do not keep the $1.

She also said, that in the past when this has been queried by other customers, that they have found its their bank/merchant not processing the refund.

Cheers
Cindy

Old 06-18-2016, 08:43 AM
That Kid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Support View Post
I don't want to place negativity over Ben's achievements, nor get into legal argument over what we've registered for copyright and trademark. That's not what my post, or our conversations with Ben was designed to do. It was designed to clear up things for the consumer. Based on the calls and messages we got and Ben got, clarifying that point was a step in the right direction.

Ben edited his post to remove EFILive and DSP, and has also added that the product isn't associated with EFILive.

Cheers
Cindy

Minus the fact that "DSP" is a generic term (Digital Signal Processor for just one example) so that won't hold any water here in the U.S.A.

But thats none of my business.

'04 GMC LLY

A few LML parts, Built Trans, Fuel, and Tuned with Custom In-House Software
505K Miles

'05 GMC LLY
In-House Tuning, Built Trans
300K Miles

Big thanks to Mike L., Ira, James, Nate, Jon, Steve.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:53 AM
Hotrodder

Ben could always call it DST for Duramax switchable tuning.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:35 PM
LBZ for life

Super happy for Ben. So awesome man.

Weekend Ride 2015 Sierra 2500HD / Iridium Metallic / CCSB / SAS 4 Linked Front and Rear on Dual Rate Coilovers Lots of Chrome and Powdercoat

Hot Rod 2007 Sierra 2500HD / Reg Cab Short Bed / Danville 68mm STG2R / DHD Cast Bridge and 3" Cold Pipe / MBRP Boost 3" Tube / SDP 3" Downpipe / Magnaflow 5"/ PPE Up Pipes and Manifolds / Airdog 150 / Trans by Mike L / Cognito 4-6" / Custom Pearl White / SLT Interior With Ipad Headunit
Old 06-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Hotrodder

Efilive doesn't have a dsp3 anyway. Just 2 and 5.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2003 CCSB LT LB7 deleted

Some cool stuff, some fast stuff, some slow stuff
EFI by Kory

Special thanks to Evan@Limitless
Old 06-19-2016, 03:37 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awenta View Post
Efilive doesn't have a dsp3 anyway. Just 2 and 5.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Technically it can be any combo between 2 and 5 by moving the switch limiter as some use the rotary switch for 2's.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Wound for sound

I don't care what it's called either way. Call it FSSU mode (f*ck some sh*t up) mode, this makes me want an LML now, I switch my tunes all the time and that's the main reason I did not have one, looks like I'll be truck shopping very soon.

Good job Ben. Wish I knew computers that well and I wouldn't be sitting in this 125 degree rattling doghouse drilling a whopping 80 ft/hr.

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB,
100k miles-FOR SALE/Waiting on a new motor

Wife's ride- 2016 Pearl white Legacy limited 3.6R

Rig ride/new DD-02' Black Eddie Bauer explorer 4.6, -180k, still sporting original trans, outlasted two Duramaxs.