Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 10-15-2015, 06:38 PM
FNG

Default Attention Ben: Need help

I installed the new "up to date box" and I am limping my transmission again. I redid all the wiring so I have no idea what it is. My friend is going to pull the TCM codes from it tomorrow. 2 different boxes, same results..
HSP S475 Over Stock Compounds, 100 overs, 12 mm Exergy Stroker pump, Fass 150, HSP EGR Delete, HSP Downpipe, HSP Hotside intercooler pipe, PCV Reroute, MBRP 5", EFI Live from Danville Performance (Tuned WAYY down) with DSP5, Longhorn fab Traction bars, Kryptonite Tie Rods, Empire Centerlink, PPE Idler/Pitman Support.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:43 AM
FNG

2 codes pulled: p0742 and p0658
HSP S475 Over Stock Compounds, 100 overs, 12 mm Exergy Stroker pump, Fass 150, HSP EGR Delete, HSP Downpipe, HSP Hotside intercooler pipe, PCV Reroute, MBRP 5", EFI Live from Danville Performance (Tuned WAYY down) with DSP5, Longhorn fab Traction bars, Kryptonite Tie Rods, Empire Centerlink, PPE Idler/Pitman Support.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:06 AM
Hotrodder

Send Ben a PM then post what you figure out if it would be helpful to others just a better way of doing things... I hreadhread s like to his have a habit of going to hell in a hand basket...
2006 GMC 3500 CCLB- Danville stage 2 3794,Banks CAC, DHD 3" super high flow intake & 3" hot side pipe, FASS Titanium 150,PPE ported fuel rail & cp-3 inlet fittings, Nicktane/Cat, PPE race manifolds & up pipes, 4"MBRP duel exhaust, 3"PPE down pipe,4.56 gears,Yukon Grizzly locker, Suncoast GMax6 & Goerend R with Mike L springs, PPE deep pan & PTO covers, 1piece aluminum drive line with 1480 u-joints, tuning by Kory Willis and an S-480 waiting introduction to Mark's stg 2.

PLANS:60% over injectors, Sportsman CP-3
Semper-Fi
Old 10-16-2015, 04:50 PM
FNG

I've called him both on his business and cell number as well as left emails. This is over a 2 week span.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56taskforce View Post
Send Ben a PM then post what you figure out if it would be helpful to others just a better way of doing things... I hreadhread s like to his have a habit of going to hell in a hand basket...
You know if businesses would take a little time for customer service especially when it keeps a vehicle from operating these threads wouldn't even exist.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
03 GMC 4x4 CC/SB Intake, 5" SS Exhaust, built motor by Me, Cognito Kryptonite Suspension upgrades, Custom Traction Bars by Me, Suncoast Trans, 1055-1 Convertor, Two AirDog II 200's, Billet Sump, Venom Tuning AKA Me, Custom Fabbed Fuel system, Flexlite Fans, 7.70/92.5 mph 1/8 with two cracked intake ports. HSP TRIPLES ARE HERE AND LOOKING FOR 10"S
2013 LML Daily Driver, 5" FloPro Exhaust, Venom Tuning, Ad 165 4G Lift Pump, Upcoming HSP Billet Bridge And Piping, Upcoming CP3 Conversion
Old 10-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronisonce View Post
I've called him both on his business and cell number as well as left emails. This is over a 2 week span.
I didn't realize you had put in the effort not trying to down grade you in any manner it just seems that in many of these threads the op has put little to no effort into a resolution and in some the op has even said he or she made the error causing the problem and still it seems there is often an bandwagon that starts...
2006 GMC 3500 CCLB- Danville stage 2 3794,Banks CAC, DHD 3" super high flow intake & 3" hot side pipe, FASS Titanium 150,PPE ported fuel rail & cp-3 inlet fittings, Nicktane/Cat, PPE race manifolds & up pipes, 4"MBRP duel exhaust, 3"PPE down pipe,4.56 gears,Yukon Grizzly locker, Suncoast GMax6 & Goerend R with Mike L springs, PPE deep pan & PTO covers, 1piece aluminum drive line with 1480 u-joints, tuning by Kory Willis and an S-480 waiting introduction to Mark's stg 2.

PLANS:60% over injectors, Sportsman CP-3
Semper-Fi
Old 10-16-2015, 05:27 PM
FNG

Trust me I understand. I've been trying my best to get this resolved.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:33 AM
<--- slippery roads

Ronny Im sorry I missed this...I was picking up a truck in Ohio so Ive been on the road the past couple days.

Send me an email with the updated codes and Ill get it fixed right away.

Thanks
Ben

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 10-17-2015, 10:36 AM
<--- slippery roads

The P0742 is due to playing around with the force lock mode at low speed and low throttle %. This is normal and will be set by any lockup controller...it is explained in the instructions to not constantly fiddle with it at lower speeds and RPM's, otherwise it could set a P0742.

The P0658 points to a wiring/install issue... where do you have power and ground hooked up?

Ben

2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Old 10-17-2015, 04:46 PM
FNG

Sent you an email with my phone number, you can text me if you'd like.. I installed every wire with weatherproof butt connectors...Unless I am missing something I see 7 connections that need to be made. 5 at the TCM and 2 in cab, 1 on brake 1 on gas. You said where is your power and ground, I am assuming that is coming from 1 of those 7 connections ?
Old 10-21-2015, 07:22 PM
FNG

Truck is all fixed. Ben is awesome, he came out and helped diagnose and fix the problem. Thank you so much Ben!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:32 PM
pro-procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronisonce View Post
Truck is all fixed. Ben is awesome, he came out and helped diagnose and fix the problem. Thank you so much Ben!

Well what was the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me and those whom I bought parts from.

Special thanks to Evan, James, Russell, Mark and all the others I'm forgetting.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:42 PM
FNG

We determined that my batteries prolly need to be replaced. The power wire that the box hooks into draws a little power on startup and the tcm sees lower voltage sometimes when the box pulls. We hooked into a constant ignition 12v and it is perfect.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:14 AM
<--- slippery roads

Good meeting you Ronny, let me know how the track goes!

Ben