Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 05-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin'GMC View Post
Just directly above the lower valence under the radiator support.
I believe I found them, drivers side was tucked under radiator and passenger side was tucked around the horn. I gotta pull the dash cover off and look to see ig I have a harness going to back og where the switch would be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
2005 2500hd ccsb 4x4 automatic, atp trans safe tuning, cts insight with egt probe, arp head studs, welded water pump, lml drivers side exhaust manifold, manga flow down pipe, silver line 5" exhaust, s&b cai, s&b turbo mouthpiece, fass titanium 150, beans sump, profab egr delete, MA pump rub plate, alligator trans lines, Kryptonite ss centerlink/tie rods, Kryptonite lower ball joints, Kryptonite sway bar end links, rare parts idler and pitman arms, dhd steering brace, 285/75r16 duratracs on stock py0's, b&w turnover gooseneck rancho 9000 shocks
Old 05-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigrat05 View Post
Yep, there's little tabs to clip them back out of the way. I had to buy the little harness from the fuse panel to the switch, but double check first.
My cargo switch has 6 wires coming out of it. Does that sound like I already have the correct harness for the fogs switch? Or does the switch for the fogs have it's own harness?

2005 2500hd ccsb 4x4 automatic, atp trans safe tuning, cts insight with egt probe, arp head studs, welded water pump, lml drivers side exhaust manifold, manga flow down pipe, silver line 5" exhaust, s&b cai, s&b turbo mouthpiece, fass titanium 150, beans sump, profab egr delete, MA pump rub plate, alligator trans lines, Kryptonite ss centerlink/tie rods, Kryptonite lower ball joints, Kryptonite sway bar end links, rare parts idler and pitman arms, dhd steering brace, 285/75r16 duratracs on stock py0's, b&w turnover gooseneck rancho 9000 shocks

Last edited by 830king; 05-21-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Hotrodder

Little update about the fogs. I added a factory switch, a black valance with the fog light holes, and the factory fog lights. Just plug and play for my 2005.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:27 PM
I like red

Haven't been here in a while. I lowered mine 3" and love how it looks. It doesn't ride too bad towing either with it lowered too.

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 06-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Hotrodder

My drop shackles are still waiting their time. Lazy is all I can come up with.

Nice looking truck man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

04 LB7 CCLB SLT

EFI Live.
PPE boost increase valve.
EGR delete.
Federal "shorty" y bridge.
Profab high flow intake horn.
Wetzel billet compressor wheel.
5" MagnaFlow straight exhaust to 6" aFe tip. Factory exit.
Van thermostat housing.
2" DJM drop shackles.
PPE silicone hoses.
5" RPI custom aluminum intake. S&B filter.

Before:
03 LB7 CCSB LT. (Sold)
Old 06-15-2017, 02:49 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin'GMC View Post
Haven't been here in a while. I lowered mine 3" and love how it looks. It doesn't ride too bad towing either with it lowered too.

gay..... needs long travel

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 06-15-2017, 04:49 PM
I like red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
gay..... needs long travel
The white one will be having it eventually.
I'm about to buy a house that'll give me more room to work on my stuff, even the garage has 8' tall doors

So James, are you going to help me with the front shock setup? I'm planning on building a set of control arms to push the front end 1" forward and 2" wider for better clearance on the 37's. Although that won't be anytime soon until I find a damn frame for it, all the ones here are too rusty which scares me.

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 06-15-2017, 05:24 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Oh so you kept the white truck?! Hell yes!

Sure that's easy peasy since you are making arms. We can change some things to help the shock/spring work better.

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 06-15-2017, 07:05 PM
I like red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
Oh so you kept the white truck?! Hell yes!

Sure that's easy peasy since you are making arms. We can change some things to help the shock/spring work better.
Of course I kept her! There was no way in hell I'm letting that truck slip away. She isn't that bad to get it back together, basically needs a frame and front clip along with fan, radiator, etc.. you get the idea. I'm going to go for a 1 piece front clip from fiberwerx. The down side is that it's going to take me more than 2 years to get it back together due to never having enough time with 3 kids and the funds..... Daycare is retarded expensive.

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 06-15-2017, 07:40 PM
Wound for sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by 830king View Post
My cargo switch has 6 wires coming out of it. Does that sound like I already have the correct harness for the fogs switch? Or does the switch for the fogs have it's own harness?

Sorry just saw this. Yeah I forgot to say all you need is the switch, rest is there, it was the ranger I needed the little harness for, makes no sense why they all just don't come with fog lights to me.

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB,
100k miles-FOR SALE/Dead

Wife's ride- 2016 Pearl white Legacy limited 3.6R 15k miles, garage ornament

Rig ride/new DD-02' Black Eddie Bauer explorer 4.6, -180k, still sporting original trans, outlasted two Duramaxs.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigrat05 View Post
Sorry just saw this. Yeah I forgot to say all you need is the switch, rest is there, it was the ranger I needed the little harness for, makes no sense why they all just don't come with fog lights to me.
Little late but thank you! (See post #33) Sorry op I didn't mean to hijack your thread.....I just got caught up in the fog light talk...lol