Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-17-2017, 01:51 PM
Coker6303's ***** Daddy

Talking Brand New Z06 Kill

I figured I would share this funny moment. I wish we would have thought fast enough to catch a video.

My buddy's dad came down from Nebraska to Texas so we decided to take him for a spin in the LBZ last fall. Took him out to the country on a farm to market road and did a small boosted launch on Tune 3, roughly 830hp, then headed back to the house. He was grinning ear to ear.

On the way back, I noticed a white car hauling tail and catching up to us pretty fast. We were just cruising around 50mph and shooting the bull. When I realized it was a brand new paper plate corvette, not sure yet if it was a base model or Z06. I slowed down, threw it in 3rd, turned on the lockup box and just waited for him to pull around while still on Tune 3 at roughly 40mph. Both him and his dad were looking around wondering what was going on until his dad noticed the car. The vette pulled around to pass and as soon as I saw his front end lift, we poured the coal to it. It was dead even until my 4-5 shift, then he started inching forward and the front of his car barely made it to the rear bumper before we quit. I am guessing 140mph or better since the speedo was buried a while back and we were close to the 4200rpm shift point. LOL

We slowed down and I stuck my hand out to give him a thumbs up for the run. You could see his pissed face over the steering wheel as he flipped us off. I let him pass and noticed it was a Z06. Poor guy must have felt pretty bad for taking a loss to 3 rednecks in a regular cab farm truck. His dad was laughing and wanted to know who I paid to show up at that perfect moment.
2006 RC/LB LBZ, Tow Mirror Killer. Under the knife again and looking for more ponies.

Big thanks to Josh Harris, Josh Chambers, and my brother Russell Coker for all the help with the LBZ.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM
Hotrodder

Old 04-17-2017, 02:23 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

yyyaaassss, its times like those that i love having a built truck

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 04-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Tech

It'd be so awesome to have that kind of a truck here in ca. But you know how that goes. Good story
Old 04-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Shits broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC4 View Post
It'd be so awesome to have that kind of a truck here in ca. But you know how that goes. Good story

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 04-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Shits broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by coker6365 View Post
I figured I would share this funny moment. I wish we would have thought fast enough to catch a video.

My buddy's dad came down from Nebraska to Texas so we decided to take him for a spin in the LBZ last fall. Took him out to the country on a farm to market road and did a small boosted launch on Tune 3, roughly 830hp, then headed back to the house. He was grinning ear to ear.

On the way back, I noticed a white car hauling tail and catching up to us pretty fast. We were just cruising around 50mph and shooting the bull. When I realized it was a brand new paper plate corvette, not sure yet if it was a base model or Z06. I slowed down, threw it in 3rd, turned on the lockup box and just waited for him to pull around while still on Tune 3 at roughly 40mph. Both him and his dad were looking around wondering what was going on until his dad noticed the car. The vette pulled around to pass and as soon as I saw his front end lift, we poured the coal to it. It was dead even until my 4-5 shift, then he started inching forward and the front of his car barely made it to the rear bumper before we quit. I am guessing 140mph or better since the speedo was buried a while back and we were close to the 4200rpm shift point. LOL

We slowed down and I stuck my hand out to give him a thumbs up for the run. You could see his pissed face over the steering wheel as he flipped us off. I let him pass and noticed it was a Z06. Poor guy must have felt pretty bad for taking a loss to 3 rednecks in a regular cab farm truck. His dad was laughing and wanted to know who I paid to show up at that perfect moment.
I bet it's back at the dealer for service because he thinks something is wrong with his car

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 04-18-2017, 07:03 AM
Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
Lol. You are the exception of course