Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnkstang50 View Post
My truck is my daily driver. I'm really just looking to optimize what I got for my local pull this year.

Thanks for the input guys
That's where I got started too. Now if you show up at my local fair pull you better have your ducks in a row there are around 35-40 trucks and half a dozen are full built engines dual fuelers street trucks. Every year the bar just gets raised higher and higher...

One plus traction bars are a street truck look sweet too.. but if installed properly will have prevent rear end issue also..

Where is your local pull?

2008 Chevrolet 3500hd duramax ltz cc/lb dually (homemade handgrenade) built motor by me, Built tranny by me, big exergy pump and injectors, ac delete, s400 custom Danville 2.5 charger, roll pan, 8" single stack, custom hitch and a few more pulling goodies.

2015 Vw passat tdi sel premium blacked out(old lady's ride)

2014 chevrolet cruze diesel work car.

Special thanks to Danville Performace & Limitless Diesel
Old 06-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmax123 View Post
That's where I got started too. Now if you show up at my local fair pull you better have your ducks in a row there are around 35-40 trucks and half a dozen are full built engines dual fuelers street trucks. Every year the bar just gets raised higher and higher...

One plus traction bars are a street truck look sweet too.. but if installed properly will have prevent rear end issue also..

Where is your local pull?
Truck pulls are at the hunterdon county Fair in NJ. There's is only one class. Stock turbo street trucks. No tech inspection besides weight and hitch height so a few highly modded trucks that don't meet the rules. There's a few trucks trailered in. I know one duramax with twin turbos. I placed 9th or 10th out 33 trucks and was happy about that.

I use my truck here and there to run scrap metal. Some times up to 4500 lbs. If I had traction bars wouldn't that screw up the pinion angle when I load it up like that?

Banks intake, profab horn, banks big head, ATP tunes, DSP 5, 4 exhaust, mbpr downpipe, kennedy single lift pump w/cat filter, Dipper trans. BT diesel works lock up box. all moog front tie rods with sleeves. Moog idler and pitman arm. 285/75/16 tires.

Boost, egt, lift pump pressure, and rail pressure gauges
Old 06-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Gearhead

Get you a 3rd gear start tcm tune, and unlock the converter depending on how the track is at the end.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Hotrodder

My tow pig has reactions bars and runs without issues dragging a 9k lb gooseneck and and 8k lb pickup.

2008 Chevrolet 3500hd duramax ltz cc/lb dually (homemade handgrenade) built motor by me, Built tranny by me, big exergy pump and injectors, ac delete, s400 custom Danville 2.5 charger, roll pan, 8" single stack, custom hitch and a few more pulling goodies.

2015 Vw passat tdi sel premium blacked out(old lady's ride)

2014 chevrolet cruze diesel work car.

Special thanks to Danville Performace & Limitless Diesel
Old 06-25-2017, 06:43 AM
Canadian

I agree. My truck with track bars and stops was pretty good. Adding a set of leaf spring clamps front and rear helped out that little bit more and honestly only cost another 75$
Old 06-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Gearhead

Do you guys want to spin out at the end to keep on top of the charger or is having traction and the rpms pulling down seem to be getting you just as far or better? I'm just thinking if I should be running higher tire pressure to be more likely to spin out. Once I started loosing rpm i was surprised how quickly I lost power and stopped.

Banks intake, profab horn, banks big head, ATP tunes, DSP 5, 4 exhaust, mbpr downpipe, kennedy single lift pump w/cat filter, Dipper trans. BT diesel works lock up box. all moog front tie rods with sleeves. Moog idler and pitman arm. 285/75/16 tires.

Boost, egt, lift pump pressure, and rail pressure gauges
Old 06-25-2017, 08:34 PM
Hotrodder

You don't want to get pulled down under the turbo

2005 LBZ/6sp alli
S&S 200%-S&S 12mm-Danville 2.5 turbo-Wehrli air-trans built by Diesels Unlimited

2004 LB7
60% injectors, 2xcp3, s466 Danville tuning.

Lots of thanks to Diesels Unlimited, Evan@limitless & Mark@danville