Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-13-2018, 03:48 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
Never hurts to change the sump filter, but it will not cause late shifting. It can cause slipping. Engine problems will cause late shifting.
Mike I put your cooler on today , works great , fits perfect , directions couldnt be better !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 02-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Yes, its really me

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqued2dmax View Post
Mike I put your cooler on today , works great , fits perfect , directions couldnt be better !

Thatís nice. But this isnít a chat room. This is a thread about shifting issues. And a guy that is to tight to change a filter because he thinks itís a waste of money if it wonít fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)

Best 1/8th, 6.60, 106.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2017)
Old 02-13-2018, 04:10 PM
Got Sheep?

Be nice AJ.

Tuned by Idaho Rob.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA LLY View Post
Thatís nice. But this isnít a chat room. This is a thread about shifting issues. And a guy that is to tight to change a filter because he thinks itís a waste of money if it wonít fix it.

I know , its sad that some people dont take the good advice that is offered . We are fortunate to have all of the the good input from this site ! I just got done putting tools away and thought it would be a good time to thank Mike , sorry .
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 02-13-2018, 06:19 PM
FNG

Okay, learn something new everyday. Lots of information on these trucks out there. Read a couple times from guys saying don't bother with the internal filter, but now I know if I get another Duramax in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA LLY View Post
A waste of money to change a filter. Get outta here dipshit.

Hey easy man. Last Friday before it began shifting funny again I had a guy come look at it but we couldn't exactly agree on a price. Had about 5 other guys who were seriously interested in coming to look and buy. Soon as this truck is back to running properly again, I'm sending it down the highway. Doesn't make a lot of sense to change it if it's not going to be my truck immediately after. Caveat emptor. If this was a truck I was going to keep for awhile, I'd agree, have to be a serious cheap asshole to not change it after the internal filter has never been changed, but like I mentioned in my previous post, I just want it gone

I appreciate the help you've provided to me in my other threads, but I don't see the need for name calling. I'm simply looking for help. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:45 PM
Yes, its really me

Ok so sell it. Or start trying the inexpensive stuff first trying to fix it.

Sit back and think about what your saying, you donít want to sell it cheap as is. But you donít want to waste any money fixing it. The local shop canít figure it out. It has no codes. So there is no easy answer here. We have given you several pretty inexpensive things to try.

WE ARENíT MAGIC! Weíre trying to help but there is only so much we can do from the other side of a computer screen.....

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Old 02-13-2018, 07:22 PM
FNG

I don't disagree and I'm not trying to be difficult or nothing. I appreciate all the help but I haven't been working for awhile so money is getting tight for the moment so just trying to avoid unnecessary expenditure.

I'll get the fuel filter changed with the fresh one I have laying this weekend if it's warm enough to not freeze my hands off and let you guys knows if anything changes with it.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Yes, its really me

That sounds like an excellent place to start.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:18 AM
Hotrodder

Cut the old fuel filter open to see if itís plugged up and post pictures of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:08 AM
Hotrodder

How are the engine and tranny mounts?
Built front end
All the bolt ons
33x11.5 on 17x9 -12
HB/brake upgrades
Old 02-15-2018, 01:16 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscyjack View Post
How are the engine and tranny mounts?
No clue. I would presume the transmission mounts are fine as the trans was dropped when the seals were replaced, and had the mounts been shot they would have notified me.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Hotrodder

Having a clue would be a good. And for something as obvious as a tranny mount I think I'd trust my own eyes .
Built front end
All the bolt ons
33x11.5 on 17x9 -12
HB/brake upgrades
Old 02-22-2018, 01:21 PM
FNG

Quick update: haven't had any time to mess with it, but I took it for a drive last night. Finally the CEL came on after I had been driving for about 15 mins.

Had the following codes:
PO181 (twice)
PO116

I had my truck plugged in while it was approx 17 degrees out so I'm assuming that's what it is from.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:55 PM
FNG

WAIT

PIP3754A: Duramax Diesel With DTC P0116 Or P0181 - 06 07 6.6 DTC ECT engine hard harsh shift LBZ LLY MIL P0116 P0181 P0700 - (Mar 30, 2007)
If the concern is intermittent, or diagnosis leads to no problem found, there has been a new calibration released to address P0116 and P0181 trouble codes. The new calibration was released on March 19th 2007, and will address the P0116 and P0181.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:20 PM
FNG

Set up an appointment to get the latest calibrations. Hoping this is what resolves my problem. Would make sense since I keep my truck plugged in pretty much anytime it's 22 or colder (it's a diesel after-all) and since those codes apparently often pop-up when it is plugged in when warmer than 0 degrees out, and if the new calibration has to do with these codes and "hard harsh shift" maybe that's the underlying issue. Fingers crossed here.

Especially since the day it started again, I had plugged it in overnight and in the morning it was probably 20 degrees or so out, and perhaps that triggered it again?