Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #16  
Old 02-14-2014, 09:53 AM
joe@HSPDIESEL's Avatar
joe@HSPDIESEL joe@HSPDIESEL is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 220
Default

We have a few here at the shop and will be ordering more soon! Levi does a great job!
__________________
Joe@hspdiesel.com
586-785-3110
Made in Michigan
www.HSPDiesel.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Chevy1925's Avatar
Chevy1925 Chevy1925 is offline
don't know sh!t about IFS

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix Az
Posts: 13,529

Default

i have nothing but good to say about Levi! guy has top ranked customer service! have his blankets on the hot pipe and stock charger of my diesel and he custom made me some blankets for my log manifold and ko3 turbine housing on my samurai! those on my samurai took so much heat out of my engine compartment its not even funny
__________________
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 AM
MAXX IT OUT's Avatar
MAXX IT OUT MAXX IT OUT is offline
<<<IT WORKS

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,464

Default

How much does the blanks help? I am thinking on rapping my uppipes, downpipe, and manifolds with the header rap when I get them done and getting a turbine housing blanket, but how much benefit is there from it?
__________________
2001 2500HD Red on Black.
ATS Dual CP3, ATS intake and S366, ARP 625 head studs and main studs, LBZ Rods, Delipped pistons, Hamilton valve Spring, 30 over injectors, 5in Turbo Back exhaust, ATS Transmission, Fass 150, and Running on Moonshine.
DIED AND NOW HAS BEEN RAISE FROM THE DEAD

1971 C10 Restoration/ProTouring Project, Hoping for a Dmax
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-14-2014, 11:16 AM
mackthehack's Avatar
mackthehack mackthehack is offline
DUH...
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 825
Default

Thanks Levi for the blankets and awesome customer service!
__________________
sas'd lbz with stuff
74 k10 with stuff
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Turbo Performance's Avatar
Turbo Performance Turbo Performance is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXX IT OUT View Post
How much does the blanks help? I am thinking on rapping my uppipes, downpipe, and manifolds with the header rap when I get them done and getting a turbine housing blanket, but how much benefit is there from it?
Anything in particular you're wondering about? You can put your hand on the blankets after running the truck about as hard as you want. Fixed geometry turbo's usually see a small boost increase at WOT. Underhood and Intake temp drops of 20+ degrees. Cruise EGT's tend to run slightly warmer but typically WOT EGT's drop.

On stock stuff, doing blankets or wrap on up-pipes and turbo will net you the most gain. Didn't get a noticeable impact wrapping the stock manifolds. Aftermarket manifolds and headers tend to benefit from blankets though.
__________________
Levi
turboperformanceproducts.com
208)251-9141
Turbo/Manifold/Hotpipe Blankets
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-14-2014, 11:37 AM
MAXX IT OUT's Avatar
MAXX IT OUT MAXX IT OUT is offline
<<<IT WORKS

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,464

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Performance View Post
Anything in particular you're wondering about? You can put your hand on the blankets after running the truck about as hard as you want. Fixed geometry turbo's usually see a small boost increase at WOT. Underhood and Intake temp drops of 20+ degrees. Cruise EGT's tend to run slightly warmer but typically WOT EGT's drop.

On stock stuff, doing blankets or wrap on up-pipes and turbo will net you the most gain. Didn't get a noticeable impact wrapping the stock manifolds. Aftermarket manifolds and headers tend to benefit from blankets though.
Thanks for the information, how thick are your blankets for the up pipes, I am going to build 2in up pipes without the flat spot, so I need to get an idea of what I need to make my four inch downpipe still work.
__________________
2001 2500HD Red on Black.
ATS Dual CP3, ATS intake and S366, ARP 625 head studs and main studs, LBZ Rods, Delipped pistons, Hamilton valve Spring, 30 over injectors, 5in Turbo Back exhaust, ATS Transmission, Fass 150, and Running on Moonshine.
DIED AND NOW HAS BEEN RAISE FROM THE DEAD

1971 C10 Restoration/ProTouring Project, Hoping for a Dmax
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Turbo Performance's Avatar
Turbo Performance Turbo Performance is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXX IT OUT View Post
Thanks for the information, how thick are your blankets for the up pipes, I am going to build 2in up pipes without the flat spot, so I need to get an idea of what I need to make my four inch downpipe still work.
1/2" but will compress to 1/8"-3/16. I can always leave the insulation layer out where the down pipe passes over the top of the up pipe if that's what you need.
__________________
Levi
turboperformanceproducts.com
208)251-9141
Turbo/Manifold/Hotpipe Blankets
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-14-2014, 11:43 AM
MAXX IT OUT's Avatar
MAXX IT OUT MAXX IT OUT is offline
<<<IT WORKS

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,464

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Performance View Post
1/2" but will compress to 1/8"-3/16. I can always leave the insulation layer out where the down pipe passes over the top of the up pipe if that's what you need.
:thumbup: great, I will have to get some when I get done making the new uppipes and finish up with the manifolds.
__________________
2001 2500HD Red on Black.
ATS Dual CP3, ATS intake and S366, ARP 625 head studs and main studs, LBZ Rods, Delipped pistons, Hamilton valve Spring, 30 over injectors, 5in Turbo Back exhaust, ATS Transmission, Fass 150, and Running on Moonshine.
DIED AND NOW HAS BEEN RAISE FROM THE DEAD

1971 C10 Restoration/ProTouring Project, Hoping for a Dmax
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors