Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Vendor

We have a few here at the shop and will be ordering more soon! Levi does a great job!
www.HSPDiesel.com
Old 02-14-2014, 10:00 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

i have nothing but good to say about Levi! guy has top ranked customer service! have his blankets on the hot pipe and stock charger of my diesel and he custom made me some blankets for my log manifold and ko3 turbine housing on my samurai! those on my samurai took so much heat out of my engine compartment its not even funny

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 AM
<<<IT WORKS

How much does the blanks help? I am thinking on rapping my uppipes, downpipe, and manifolds with the header rap when I get them done and getting a turbine housing blanket, but how much benefit is there from it?
ATS Dual CP3, ATS intake and S366, ARP 625 head studs and main studs, LBZ Rods, Delipped pistons, Hamilton valve Spring, 30 over injectors, 5in Turbo Back exhaust, ATS Transmission, Fass 150, and Running on Moonshine.
DIED AND NOW HAS BEEN RAISE FROM THE DEAD

1971 C10 Restoration/ProTouring Project, Hoping for a Dmax
Old 02-14-2014, 11:16 AM
DUH...

Thanks Levi for the blankets and awesome customer service!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXX IT OUT View Post
How much does the blanks help? I am thinking on rapping my uppipes, downpipe, and manifolds with the header rap when I get them done and getting a turbine housing blanket, but how much benefit is there from it?
Anything in particular you're wondering about? You can put your hand on the blankets after running the truck about as hard as you want. Fixed geometry turbo's usually see a small boost increase at WOT. Underhood and Intake temp drops of 20+ degrees. Cruise EGT's tend to run slightly warmer but typically WOT EGT's drop.

On stock stuff, doing blankets or wrap on up-pipes and turbo will net you the most gain. Didn't get a noticeable impact wrapping the stock manifolds. Aftermarket manifolds and headers tend to benefit from blankets though.
Turbo/Manifold/Hotpipe Blankets
Old 02-14-2014, 11:37 AM
<<<IT WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Performance View Post
Anything in particular you're wondering about? You can put your hand on the blankets after running the truck about as hard as you want. Fixed geometry turbo's usually see a small boost increase at WOT. Underhood and Intake temp drops of 20+ degrees. Cruise EGT's tend to run slightly warmer but typically WOT EGT's drop.

On stock stuff, doing blankets or wrap on up-pipes and turbo will net you the most gain. Didn't get a noticeable impact wrapping the stock manifolds. Aftermarket manifolds and headers tend to benefit from blankets though.
Thanks for the information, how thick are your blankets for the up pipes, I am going to build 2in up pipes without the flat spot, so I need to get an idea of what I need to make my four inch downpipe still work.
ATS Dual CP3, ATS intake and S366, ARP 625 head studs and main studs, LBZ Rods, Delipped pistons, Hamilton valve Spring, 30 over injectors, 5in Turbo Back exhaust, ATS Transmission, Fass 150, and Running on Moonshine.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXX IT OUT View Post
Thanks for the information, how thick are your blankets for the up pipes, I am going to build 2in up pipes without the flat spot, so I need to get an idea of what I need to make my four inch downpipe still work.
1/2" but will compress to 1/8"-3/16. I can always leave the insulation layer out where the down pipe passes over the top of the up pipe if that's what you need.
Turbo/Manifold/Hotpipe Blankets
Old 02-14-2014, 11:43 AM
<<<IT WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Performance View Post
1/2" but will compress to 1/8"-3/16. I can always leave the insulation layer out where the down pipe passes over the top of the up pipe if that's what you need.
:thumbup: great, I will have to get some when I get done making the new uppipes and finish up with the manifolds.