Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Thanks Rick.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 02-19-2017, 03:47 PM
Hotrodder

Sub. Great thread and look forward to more
Built front end
All the bolt ons
33x11.5 on 17x9 -12
HB/brake upgrades
Old 02-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Hotrodder

Hey Rick do you make remote mount up pipe setups? I have ATS manifolds and am looking to do a remote mount system.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:07 AM
Vendor

I have but they are usually on a one off basis. See Joshh's thread for one of the latest.

If it doesn't say Made in USA then look the other way!!

We also handle S & B filters, Air Dog lift pumps, American Eagle wheels, and Kraftwerks Superchargers.

On my 20th Duramax & still Loving them!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:36 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Rick, just out of curiosity, ive seen on facebook how "Steed Speed" had shown a video of their new duramax exhaust manifolds. basically blowing air into one end with cardboard flaps over each open end of the manifold to show how air is directed. is there really any merit to that to "show improvement" or is it just bs to make you think you are getting an improvement? do you guys do any testing like that if it does have merit to it?

here is a link to the fb video (if you have a fb account)
https://www.facebook.com/leen.steed/...type=2&theater

Also, on a separate note. On the towflow up pipes, being that stock manifolds arent perfect, whats the likely hood of the uppipes lining up with the exhaust manifold outlet or are they relatively consistant in placement across the board so its not much of an issue?

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 02-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Vendor

Neat little video, but IMHO doesn't prove much. What you would ideally like to see is a small vacuum on the other ports to help scavenge the cylinders.

Inherently a couple of brand manifolds would fail both those tests and if I get around to making a thread on the manifolds I will try to explain why.

As far as the up pipes, we always make our manifold outlets slightly smaller diameter and the up pipes slightly larger. We have checked about 20 - 30 manifolds and they seem to be pretty consistent. That being said checking them with a gasket would be the best idea.

If it doesn't say Made in USA then look the other way!!

We also handle S & B filters, Air Dog lift pumps, American Eagle wheels, and Kraftwerks Superchargers.

On my 20th Duramax & still Loving them!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:23 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDLance View Post
Neat little video, but IMHO doesn't prove much. What you would ideally like to see is a small vacuum on the other ports to help scavenge the cylinders.

Inherently a couple of brand manifolds would fail both those tests and if I get around to making a thread on the manifolds I will try to explain why.

As far as the up pipes, we always make our manifold outlets slightly smaller diameter and the up pipes slightly larger. We have checked about 20 - 30 manifolds and they seem to be pretty consistent. That being said checking them with a gasket would be the best idea.
10-4, thank you for the info

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 04-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Hotrodder

Sent you a pm Rick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
2005 2500hd ccsb 4x4 automatic, atp trans safe tuning, cts insight with egt probe, arp head studs, welded water pump, lml drivers side exhaust manifold, manga flow down pipe, silver line 5" exhaust, s&b cai, s&b turbo mouthpiece, fass titanium 150, beans sump, profab egr delete, MA pump rub plate, alligator trans lines, Kryptonite ss centerlink/tie rods, Kryptonite lower ball joints, Kryptonite sway bar end links, rare parts idler and pitman arms, dhd steering brace, 285/75r16 duratracs on stock py0's, b&w turnover gooseneck rancho 9000 shocks
Old 04-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Got Sheep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDLance View Post

I just saw this. I don't think it proves anything. Couldn't you do the same test with a stock manifold and get the same results?

Tuned by Idaho Rob.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Hotrodder

Just got a set of these tow flows ordered with the black ceramic coating. Im gonna swap them when i swap trans....should be alot easier to do then.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
2005 2500hd ccsb 4x4 automatic, atp trans safe tuning, cts insight with egt probe, arp head studs, welded water pump, lml drivers side exhaust manifold, manga flow down pipe, silver line 5" exhaust, s&b cai, s&b turbo mouthpiece, fass titanium 150, beans sump, profab egr delete, MA pump rub plate, alligator trans lines, Kryptonite ss centerlink/tie rods, Kryptonite lower ball joints, Kryptonite sway bar end links, rare parts idler and pitman arms, dhd steering brace, 285/75r16 duratracs on stock py0's, b&w turnover gooseneck rancho 9000 shocks