Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-13-2018, 04:06 PM
FNG

I have a cell phone charge plugged into thi cig lighter. It has power and works. I have checked all fuses with a fluke. All are good in both panels except the fuel heater fuse that was blowing. The obd has power but no communication as the edge is powered through the obd and will power up but fails to connect. Same thing with my scanner....
Old 01-14-2018, 10:22 AM
Hotrodder

have access to another ecm?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:32 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukchunter View Post
I have a cell phone charge plugged into thi cig lighter. It has power and works. I have checked all fuses with a fluke. All are good in both panels except the fuel heater fuse that was blowing. The obd has power but no communication as the edge is powered through the obd and will power up but fails to connect. Same thing with my scanner....
New day and progress. Even though it's 6 degrees outside I decided to pull the EBCM off to inspect it. It actually does not look terrible but here is the good news. With it off the truck I decided to try hooking my ege back up. At first it would not communicate. I tried to start the truck and it would not fire... pass key lock was illuminated. Tried again and the pass key lock blinked several times and the truck started. Restarted the edge and it connected. Pulled the codes off the truck below is the list. Some I cannot read.

P0090- fuel pressure high
P0193- fuel pressure sensor high voltage
P0540- air intake heater
P1626- unknown
U1800- unknown
U1026-unknown
U1152-unknown
U1041-unknown
U1064-unknown
U1024-unknown

I cleared them and the U codes came back I'm assuming they are abs related with the module being removed.
Power door locks are now working as well as the key fob and all gauges are working again. Passive lock symbol is illuminated while truck is running not sure what the deal is there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2018, 12:41 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Down View Post
have access to another ecm?
I do not nor access to anything to program one... rather would keep it out of a shop or dealer hands if at all possible.

Does anyone know if a new ecbm needs to be reprogrammed for the truck? I see their is a few that offer rebuild service then others that sell new and rebuilt...

Old 01-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Hotrodder

I personally would only buy new oem parts and have it programmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:51 AM
FNG

Ok to follow up on this issue. Sent the ebcm (abs module)out to have it rebuilt. Cost me 40 bucks plus shipping. Got it back in about a week just got it back on the truck today and everything g is back to normal except the fuel heater issue... but truck starts and runs just fine no lights or anything... guy who rebuilt the unit said it was shorted to ground internally.
Thanks everyone for your help

Old 02-10-2018, 09:07 AM
Hotrodder

Wow good to know thanks for reporting back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk