Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Hotrodder

Also using any after market head light bulb in the factory headlights isn't qwhat either were designed for as I've seen people mention. When I was running Lumen G8 led bulbs I also had after market smoked/halo projector style head lights which I always thought was the best thing to do. I didn't get flashed often and it was a huge improvement. I'm bout to do the same for the duramax. Also I know a few guys that had melted housing from their HIDs. I like LEDs personally way more. Last longer and just as bright but better.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm
Old 03-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Hotrodder

So has anyone tried the putco led lights out. Iíve been reviewing led lights in anticipation of buying a set. The putcos confuse me a bit because the seem to have both high beam and low beam settings? So if anyone had any info that would be awesome So
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZ View Post
I was in a shop today checking out the LED lights and they said the best luck they have had was with the Putco silver lux with the anti flicker module. They said the lights for normal housings fit better than the pro's in Chevrolet trucks.

Not sure how they fit as I haven't even looked at my 16 yet. I may try them though.

They told me the same thing some have already said here about the light displacement. Apparently they greatly improve vision of the road when it is wet.

FWIW I would take the lights from my 07 classic over the current ones in my 16 Chevy. They were much better IMO.

http://www.putco.com/products.cfm?ac...6-FD8037D1078D
diamond eye down pipe
bd manifold
airdog 150
custom 5in pipe to 6in powdercoated stack
fleece sc stage 4 . thanks again brayden

team borrowed time member #8
cedarfalls raceway- sep/27/09 12.63@107mph

2016 2500HD z71: all stock except rims and tires
2006 Volkswagen Jetta tdi