Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-16-2017, 03:36 PM
Hotrodder

Is flashing it like anything else, one is advised to first read/extract/whatever the stock file and save it in multiple places so they have it if they ever need to flash it back to stock? Or can it not pull that file off the BCM?

SOLD02 Chevy 2500HD D/A EC SB LS
SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

1983 GMC K30 CC SHORT BED
Awaiting Dmax/Allison Chassis Swap

Old 02-16-2017, 03:38 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
Is flashing it like anything else, one is advised to first read/extract/whatever the stock file and save it in multiple places so they have it if they ever need to flash it back to stock? Or can it not pull that file off the BCM?
Reading the BCM tunes out is not supported.

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Kory-PPEI.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 02-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Hotrodder

Awesome work Ben!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 CCSB LT LB7 deleted

Some cool stuff, some fast stuff, some slow stuff
EFI by Kory

Special thanks to Evan@Limitless
Old 02-16-2017, 04:35 PM
Turning it back up!

Got a few questions

1. My BCM has been reflash to support OEM heated seats installed after purchase, will that need to be addressed?

2. How is the ECM calibration work when adding high idle if it needs an ECM update? Same for unlimited remote start time. Will I get a new base file that I flash in, copy out and script over with my tunes?

3. Are all the options listed on fleeces site standard or by request?

4. I have an 08 WT 2500 6.0 that didn't have cruise. I added all the necessary buttons and column harness to support it, but GM won't flash the BCM to turn it on, can you enable it?

5. Can you enable the 4wd light to come on in the IC like the manual Tcase trucks get? Hate that it's only the light on the knob.
Carrillos, Fingers 16.5:1 Cast Pistons, 3388AF Cam, PPE Dual CP3's, Exergy 200% inj, Danvile Billet 72R, HSP tripples/2-SXE369's, Limitless Diesel All Billet Comp Trans with LD TC, DHD lock up, Air Dog, Banks, RDL, CalTracs, QA1, M/A, Isspro, Novakanes/420's, 30x14 cheaters
Tuning from Mark@Danville

1,101HP/1727ftlbs
6.72@108 1/8
10.41@133 1/4
Old 02-16-2017, 04:55 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbin_22 View Post
Got a few questions

1. My BCM has been reflash to support OEM heated seats installed after purchase, will that need to be addressed?

Hmmmm...good question....can you send me your VIN?

Quote:
2. How is the ECM calibration work when adding high idle if it needs an ECM update? Same for unlimited remote start time. Will I get a new base file that I flash in, copy out and script over with my tunes?
EFILive added the tables into the software, so you can just tweak the settings right in your tune yourself.

Quote:
3. Are all the options listed on fleeces site standard or by request?
Those are the standard options

Quote:
4. I have an 08 WT 2500 6.0 that didn't have cruise. I added all the necessary buttons and column harness to support it, but GM won't flash the BCM to turn it on, can you enable it?
Yes, can you send me the VIN for that too?

Quote:
5. Can you enable the 4wd light to come on in the IC like the manual Tcase trucks get? Hate that it's only the light on the knob.
No, unfortunately that is part of the instrument cluster calibration, not the BCM calibration.

Ben

2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Kory-PPEI.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Old 02-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Hotrodder

Is it possible to turn the back lighting on for the instrument cluster all the time on an 07 tahoe? The 08 up clusters are on all the time and much easier to see.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Hotrodder

Ben, sounds like you need to crack the instrument cluster too
Old 02-16-2017, 06:10 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc1025 View Post
Is it possible to turn the back lighting on for the instrument cluster all the time on an 07 tahoe? The 08 up clusters are on all the time and much easier to see.
it should already have the lighting on constantly.....are you sure the cluster isnt broken???

Old 02-16-2017, 06:12 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004LB7 View Post
Ben, sounds like you need to crack the instrument cluster too
Yeah but problem is tune distribution............that was the whole thing with BCM tuning, until EFILive saved the day.

I can already hack the instrument clusters.....but I have to flash them on the bench. No one is going to want to send their cluster out to me, wait for me to flash it, wait for it to be shipped back etc.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Wound for sound

So..... I can get the high idle function using the cruise buttons now?

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB

Built trans, tunes, leveled, 35's, big bumper, lots of work.

Leaving it alone
Old 02-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Hotrodder

Ben, can you set (or change) the heated seats to come on automatically upon starting the vehicle if the temperature is below xx?

For remote start the heated seats do come on bit it is too low and when you put the key in they shut off and you have to manually turn them on again
Old 02-16-2017, 06:46 PM
Turning it back up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
it should already have the lighting on constantly.....are you sure the cluster isnt broken???
My 07.5 1500 IC is not lit either until the headlights come on.
Carrillos, Fingers 16.5:1 Cast Pistons, 3388AF Cam, PPE Dual CP3's, Exergy 200% inj, Danvile Billet 72R, HSP tripples/2-SXE369's, Limitless Diesel All Billet Comp Trans with LD TC, DHD lock up, Air Dog, Banks, RDL, CalTracs, QA1, M/A, Isspro, Novakanes/420's, 30x14 cheaters

1,101HP/1727ftlbs
6.72@108 1/8
10.41@133 1/4
Old 02-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Turning it back up!

My Duramax with the heated seats VIN is 1GC4KXB63AF108939

The work truck gasser with no cruise VIN is
1GCHC24K58E188644

Let me k ow what you find out. I'm ready to order it for both if not all 3 trucks I have

1,101HP/1727ftlbs
6.72@108 1/8
10.41@133 1/4
Old 02-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Wound for sound

Quote:
Ben, can you set (or change) the heated seats to come on automatically upon starting the vehicle if the temperature is below xx?

For remote start the heated seats do come on bit it is too low and when you put the key in they shut off and you have to manually turn them on again
I don't like how it has to be below 34 or lower for the elevated idle, heat, and heated seats to come on. The remote start does suck only staying on for 10 min., I was just telling my wife that the other day that there needs to be infinite time on remote start for people who don't care like myself.

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB

Built trans, tunes, leveled, 35's, big bumper, lots of work.

Leaving it alone
Old 02-16-2017, 06:55 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:

Im pretty sure that calibration is in the HVAC module, not BCM....but I can take a look.

Ben