Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-16-2017, 12:39 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004LB7 View Post
Does the BCM determine what is displayed in the cluster? Can you change the tap shift gear indicator in the cluster so it shows what gear you are in all of the time while in drive?
No. That would be in the instrument cluster software.

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Kory-PPEI.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 02-16-2017, 12:45 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Ben, would this cause any complications if the dealer flashed in an "updated" cal due to a TSB or something? i take it you could also fix the old cal to match the updated one as well being you can access everything about the BCM?

this is really cool! tinkering that kind of stuff is always cool to me. really lets you make the truck your own and thoroughly enjoy it.

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 02-16-2017, 12:57 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
Ben, would this cause any complications if the dealer flashed in an "updated" cal due to a TSB or something? i take it you could also fix the old cal to match the updated one as well being you can access everything about the BCM?.
Keep in mind, this model BCM was first introduced in 2006 and it was designed around 2002ish....its extremely unlikely that GM will ever come out with any future software updates for it at this point.

I think the most recent GMT-900 BCM-related TSB and software update was like 4 or 5 years ago??

I build these custom calibrations with all of the latest updates and improvements anyways.

2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Kory-PPEI.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Old 02-16-2017, 01:57 PM
The Still Master

Can you disable the factory feature of blocking NAV Use while moving ???

That for me is worth the price !!!

I hate the NAV is locked out while moving !!!!

2007 GMC "Classic", LBZ, SLE1 ,RC/LB, 4x4
~Powered By "MOONSHINE"

12.525 at 107.07

2002-GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE/CC/SB/4X4~Powered By "MOONSHINE"
12.65 fuel only, 12.00 on some N20
Retired 04/18/2009...................SOLD 01/2014

Old 02-16-2017, 02:00 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC_2002_Dmax View Post
Can you disable the factory feature of blocking NAV Use while moving ???

That for me is worth the price !!!

I hate the NAV is locked out while moving !!!!

No, thats in the nav unit software unfortunately.

It will never be possible to flash the nav unit software with EFILive because the radio is on low-speed GMLAN. The V2/Autocal doesnt have the hardware in it to communicate/flash on the low speed bus.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:01 PM
pro-procrastinator

And now I want an Lml worse..

Awesome work Ben

01 ext cab, 480 over billet ihi, trans with g converter, sac 45s, tap shift, lots of black, everything built by myself with help from some of the best in the buisness.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me and those whom I bought parts from.

Special thanks to Evan, James, Russell, Mark and all the others I'm forgetting.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:12 PM
The Still Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
No, thats in the nav unit software unfortunately.

It will never be possible to flash the nav unit software with EFILive because the radio is on low-speed GMLAN. The V2/Autocal doesnt have the hardware in it to communicate/flash on the low speed bus.
V3 Maybe ???

2007 GMC "Classic", LBZ, SLE1 ,RC/LB, 4x4
~Powered By "MOONSHINE"

12.525 at 107.07

2002-GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE/CC/SB/4X4~Powered By "MOONSHINE"
12.65 fuel only, 12.00 on some N20
Retired 04/18/2009...................SOLD 01/2014

Old 02-16-2017, 02:18 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC_2002_Dmax View Post
V3 Maybe ???

Its possible. If Ross and Paul do decide to have low-speed GMLAN support on the V3, I would definitely like to start working on custom programming for the nav units and all that.

Some of the earlier V2's actually did have the low-speed GMLAN chips on the boards. Then they were removed from later revisions....even the early V2's the chips were never "activated" in the firmware though.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Hotrodder

I thought you could obtain the firmware cd from some place like Australia that didn't have the restrictions in the Nav unit and update it to work here
Old 02-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Hotrodder

Ben, what do you charge for these BCM tunes?
Old 02-16-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
Keep in mind, this model BCM was first introduced in 2006 and it was designed around 2002ish....its extremely unlikely that GM will ever come out with any future software updates for it at this point.

I think the most recent GMT-900 BCM-related TSB and software update was like 4 or 5 years ago??

I build these custom calibrations with all of the latest updates and improvements anyways.
thats true. 2014 seems like last year....... then i remember its 2017 already

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 02-16-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Ben, what do you charge for these BCM tunes?
Fleece has the pricing on their site. IIRC its 350ish for a calibration

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 02-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Shits broke

That does a lot more than is said on Facebook. You had me at using the blinkers as DRL's. where do I buy?

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 02-16-2017, 03:32 PM
<--- slippery roads

BCM tuning is $299

The BCM uses a "TCM" license spot on your V2/Autocal. So as long as you have a free TCM license (most people do), you're good to go. Otherwise, you'll need to buy another VIN license from EFILive.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:36 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
I thought you could obtain the firmware cd from some place like Australia that didn't have the restrictions in the Nav unit and update it to work here
I already thought of that....but no dice.

I tried flashing my 2012 nav unit with Canadian, Mexico, and Middle-eastern calibrations....all of them seem to have video in motion blocked out. I know the parameter IS in there.....I just have to find it the really hard way...ie throwing darts blind-folded.

Maybe other nav units are different and it is as easy as changing the region calibration.....I dont know. Ive only worked with the 2012-2014 style nav unit.