Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Hotrodder

When I asked the dealer about installing it, they did not know. What did you tell the dealer to have them install the High Idle?
EGR blocked. PCV rerouted. Resonator blocked (reinstalled for looks). Bladerunner installed. Dead kitty by MBRP (front pipe) and down tube replaced with the MBRP (heat wrapped from the turbo down to the front pipe).
Performax Gauges by ISSPRO in pod over mirror and overhead console (console pod by PPE). Mike L Transmission.
----Looking to do an onboard air with a set of truck air horns. Want Nathan K5LA's but not in the budget at the moment.----

06 GMC CCSB 2WD LBZ SLT package. Traded for '17 Denali

17 Denali CCSB 2500 4WD Stone Blue with Cocoa/Dark Sand Interior
Old 02-03-2017, 11:36 AM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawles2 View Post
When I asked the dealer about installing it, they did not know. What did you tell the dealer to have them install the High Idle?
I just told the service manager I wanted it installed. He called GM to make sure it could be done with the 2017 and he scheduled me an appointment. I'll take a pic of the paperwork when I get home tonight. They acted like it was a routine item, no problem at all.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:13 PM
FNG

Here's a pic of the paperwork. Not sure it helps, but it's proof it can be done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5282.JPG (118.2 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-04-2017, 04:15 PM
<----twinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
I tought this engine was more quiet? Could that be the reason that you can hear it now? I test drove one, I couldn't put my finger on it but I knew I heard something different. I will say it has good throttle response, it was quite peppy. I still think GM did something with the tuning on the 16 LML's bc mine has zero dead pedal, my 15's was so bad it was scary. I really didn't realize it fully until I drove that 17, it didn't drive any different than my 16. Anybody else with a 16 LML notice this???
My 16 isn't anywhere near as responsive as a l5p. L5p has much better low end and midmidrange response

2012 mega cab 6.7: Tuned and deleted (reliable) sold!

2016 CCSB custom sport lml ltz bone stock.......for now
Old 02-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7 View Post
My 16 isn't anywhere near as responsive as a l5p. L5p has much better low end and midmidrange response
This ^^ I'm liking my L5p more and more, it's pretty awesome in stock form.. Have about 3500 miles on now..
2011 GMC CCSB Efi live by Ridgerunner, 5" exhaust, full EGR delete, 10mm cp3 conversion, and a Borgwarner S463 single turbo with WCFab y-bridge and pipes.. Mishimoto CAC and a built transmission by WCFab with SC kit and 1058 convertor. (retired from work)

2017 GMC CCSB L5P, bought Jan. 17. New color called dark slate metallic.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:46 PM
FNG

Just hit 1900 miles on mine. I'm loving it more and more as well. I came from a 2016 LML and I don't miss it at all. GM has really done a nice job with the L5P.

Still haven't heard back from the dealer regarding the knock. I'll give them a reminder call sometime this week.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:26 AM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
Just hit 1900 miles on mine. I'm loving it more and more as well. I came from a 2016 LML and I don't miss it at all. GM has really done a nice job with the L5P.

Still haven't heard back from the dealer regarding the knock. I'll give them a reminder call sometime this week.

Bought my loaded out 2016 a few months ago. I've been noticing a lot of concerns from both Ford and GMs new motors and trans. I'll give it a few more years for GM and ford to workout all the issues related to introducing their new redesigned motors and transmissions. I always recommend buying the last year of any model mostly because all issues have been for the most part resolved on a proven solid platform. Please please make sure to communicate with the manufacturer on all issues from the smallest to the major ones. Good luck

TXGREEK
Old 02-05-2017, 10:54 AM
<----twinz

The 17 ford isn't a new motor.... same as the 15-16 6.7s

2012 mega cab 6.7: Tuned and deleted (reliable) sold!

2016 CCSB custom sport lml ltz bone stock.......for now
Old 02-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Hotrodder

Except that they screwed up something on a batch of engines that get oil starved at startup and internal parts want to see the daylight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGOy...ature=youtu.be
EGR blocked. PCV rerouted. Resonator blocked (reinstalled for looks). Bladerunner installed. Dead kitty by MBRP (front pipe) and down tube replaced with the MBRP (heat wrapped from the turbo down to the front pipe).
Performax Gauges by ISSPRO in pod over mirror and overhead console (console pod by PPE). Mike L Transmission.
----Looking to do an onboard air with a set of truck air horns. Want Nathan K5LA's but not in the budget at the moment.----

06 GMC CCSB 2WD LBZ SLT package. Traded for '17 Denali

17 Denali CCSB 2500 4WD Stone Blue with Cocoa/Dark Sand Interior
Old 02-05-2017, 06:29 PM
FNG

Competition, pushing out faster 0-60, pushing power over quality. It's very well known that all new models introducing either new or upgraded power plants take about two to three years to work out the kinks. Duramax, Power Stroke or Cummins all have their issues but will work themselves out, eventually.

TXGREEK
Old 02-16-2017, 12:01 PM
FNG

The knocking where they advanced the timing that is how they made the extra HP for the engine as of right now they have no fix for it asked a tech at the dealership yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Yes, its really me

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashwilson7@gmail.com View Post
The knocking where they advanced the timing that is how they made the extra HP for the engine as of right now they have no fix for it asked a tech at the dealership yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That tech is full of shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)
Old 02-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Isuzu Shakes IT

Dang, all it takes to gain 50hp and 100+ lb-ft is a bump in timing?
Old 02-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA LLY View Post
That tech is full of shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHybrid View Post
Dang, all it takes to gain 50hp and 100+ lb-ft is a bump in timing?
LOL! What THEY said!!! So the timing anomaly during DECELERATION is what gives a power increase???!!! REALLY??!!! HORSEPOWER INCREASES AT 0% THROTTLE POSITION???!!! STOP LISTENING TO DUMBASS TECHS AT THE DEALERSHIP WHO ARE PAID TO BLOW SMOKE UP YOUR ASS TO PROTECT THE DEALERSHIP FROM WARRANTY CLAIMS!!!!

US Navy EOD (Desert Storm)
Jer 33:3 Cry out to me and I will show you GREAT and MIGHTY things that you do not know.
Do everything on purpose for a purpose lest it be a thorn in someone's side and waste of everyone's time.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:02 PM
FNG

I'm still waiting on a reply from my dealership on what the reasoning is. I've seen the emails they sent out requesting information, but GM is being tight lipped about it.