Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 12-19-2016, 08:17 AM
FNG

The link did not work!
2004 Chevy 2500HD CC 4WD LB7, Studded Heads 10mm Stroker Pump, 45 over injectors, FASS 150, MBRP 3" Downpipe, 4" MBRP Exhaust, DTS Built Trans, Suncoast 1073 Torque Convertor, Tie Rod Sleeves and Solid Centerlink, QA1 Shocks Best 1/4 mile 11.61 at 115mph
Old 12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuramxMan View Post
What is the difference in SAC AND VDO?
It's VCO, VDO is a brand of gauges and other parts. This picture is the short version.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:56 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

After flushing my injectors last week and with our warmer temps, my hazing is mostly gone, but I went ahead and bit the bullet and just ordered from Lincoln a set of SAC's. Pretty well wiping me out at Cristmas time, but if I don't do them now, it will be April before I'll have the chance to do them next. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping these work out. I'm only driving about 7-8K miles a year now, so it will take me a LONG time to rack up many miles on them.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
After flushing my injectors last week and with our warmer temps, my hazing is mostly gone, but I went ahead and bit the bullet and just ordered from Lincoln a set of SAC's. Pretty well wiping me out at Cristmas time, but if I don't do them now, it will be April before I'll have the chance to do them next. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping these work out. I'm only driving about 7-8K miles a year now, so it will take me a LONG time to rack up many miles on them.

Be curious to hear how they work for you, your cp3 in pretty good shape?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4' MBRP SS
Old 12-20-2016, 09:39 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmackmiller View Post
Be curious to hear how they work for you, your cp3 in pretty good shape?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lbz cp3 with maybe 25k miles on it. Did it 2 1/2 years ago. I'm still holding 170 which is what I'm commanding at a 2250 pw, and does it with no problems.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Wound for sound

They making these for any other duramax for just LB7's?

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB,
100k miles-FOR SALE

Wife's ride- 2016 Pearl white Legacy limited 3.6R 15k miles, garage ornament

Rig ride/patience tester-02' Black Eddie Bauer exploder 4.6, -180k, still sporting original trans (for now)
Old 12-21-2016, 04:33 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

IIRC, the others were already SACs. It was the LB7 that wasnt...go figure.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 12-21-2016, 06:17 AM
Hotrodder

They are available for other years but are mostly used on the 250 and over sized injectors. Some require a angle change for use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03 GMC 4x4 CC/SB Intake, 5" SS Exhaust, built motor by Me, Cognito Kryptonite Suspension upgrades, Custom Traction Bars by Me, Suncoast Trans, 1055-1 Convertor, Two AirDog II 200's, Billet Sump, Venom Tuning AKA Me, Custom Fabbed Fuel system, Flexlite Fans, 7.70/92.5 mph 1/8 with two cracked intake ports. HSP TRIPLES ARE HERE AND LOOKING FOR 10"S
2013 LML Daily Driver, 5" FloPro Exhaust, Venom Tuning, Ad 165 4G Lift Pump, Upcoming HSP Billet Bridge And Piping, Upcoming CP3 Conversion
Old 12-21-2016, 01:21 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Lb7's was the only ones that got vco's, lly+ got sac's from the get go. These are motorspirts nozzles which have 8 holes instead of 7 like stock, not sure on the angle as I really haven't been able to find many details on them. I know these particuliar ones have been out for roughly 2 years from what I can find. I'm not to keen to roll the dice on uet another set of vco's after the short life I've seen a few run into recently.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:56 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Got a delivery from the man in brown today. Hoping Wednesday after the fat guy stuff is over, I can take care of this fat guy's truck and get er done. Going over the flow chart, I'm seeing some anomolies here between the SAC's and VCO's. The flow doesn't look to be much higher than 30 over EXERGY's were as I want to say they flowed 155-158 at 160 and 1700 whereas the sac 45's seem to be around 165-168, but looking in the lower pressure areas they flow ALOT less fuel. So I played around some with LLY tables, and the flow rates started making sense, so I'm going to do some playing around once I get it together and do some actual hands on testing to see whats what between the 2.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Heavy & Slow

That's what I've seen, the SAC injectors flow less at low pulsewidths, but start to move with the longer durations and high pressures.

I'm running PW tables similar to stock LB7 down low, and it seems to work fine, though, so I think they are more different on paper than in reality.

Sent from my FlashScan V2

Old 12-23-2016, 11:50 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Just out of curiosity, I pasted an lly table against an lb7, corrected to bring the differences together, and everything made sense. Going to do some logs to see how fuel rates change when rail pressure is changed just to see.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:52 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
Got a delivery from the man in brown today. Hoping Wednesday after the fat guy stuff is over, I can take care of this fat guy's truck and get er done. Going over the flow chart, I'm seeing some anomolies here between the SAC's and VCO's. The flow doesn't look to be much higher than 30 over EXERGY's were as I want to say they flowed 155-158 at 160 and 1700 whereas the sac 45's seem to be around 165-168, but looking in the lower pressure areas they flow ALOT less fuel. So I played around some with LLY tables, and the flow rates started making sense, so I'm going to do some playing around once I get it together and do some actual hands on testing to see whats what between the 2.

With going from Exergy 30 overs to the stock BMS nozzles I didn't have to change pulse. They were a true 50 percent over when comparing all the different sets that I have done or sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03 GMC 4x4 CC/SB Intake, 5" SS Exhaust, built motor by Me, Cognito Kryptonite Suspension upgrades, Custom Traction Bars by Me, Suncoast Trans, 1055-1 Convertor, Two AirDog II 200's, Billet Sump, Venom Tuning AKA Me, Custom Fabbed Fuel system, Flexlite Fans, 7.70/92.5 mph 1/8 with two cracked intake ports. HSP TRIPLES ARE HERE AND LOOKING FOR 10"S
2013 LML Daily Driver, 5" FloPro Exhaust, Venom Tuning, Ad 165 4G Lift Pump, Upcoming HSP Billet Bridge And Piping, Upcoming CP3 Conversion
Old 12-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

So are you saying that the LB7 injectors with SAC nozzles act like stock LLY injectors? That LLY fueling tables could be used as a base to tune them? Just trying to understand.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 12-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Heavy & Slow

They do seem to behave more like LLY injectors, but I don't know if a stock LLY table would work or not. Mine are 75% over SAC and I had to do some table work before I was happy with them.
They don't need as much timing as the LLY seems to, though, in my experience.

Sent from my FlashScan V2