Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-20-2018, 10:49 PM
Gearhead

Put in a tested good lbz cp3 and all seemed well at first. Same symptoms again except it doesn't smoke when its idling now. I'm going to double check the fuel to be sure it didn't get bad fuel, water, or gas in it. It's my dad's truck so who knows. But I'm going to throw a set of injectors in if the fuel all seems fine.

The truck will start right up after sitting overnight or even for a couple hours. It eventually starts dropping rail and dies.

2015 LTZ

Built LBZ
Old 03-21-2018, 05:05 AM
Hotrodder

I assume you drained fuel filter water separator into a white container to check for stuff first ! Then did you change the injector return regulator , it may be held partially open by something or an internal malfunction ! Good luck !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 03-22-2018, 08:20 PM
FNG

More then likely injectors, I had a replaced my cp4 with a new cp3 in my LmL having similar issues. Thought it was the pump but I had a few injectors returning too much fuel. Try testing the return on your injectors, no more then 3 ml in 15 seconds or cranking.

This might help you: https://oregonfuelinjection.com/serv...l-diagnostics/
4" straight pipe
EGR and DPF Delete
AFE DFS 780 lift pump
Old 04-03-2018, 09:25 PM
Gearhead

Forgot to update. Did injectors and a return line setup and that fixed the issue. I went ahead and dropped the tank and there was a lot of metal in the tank and fuel basket. I would definately reccomend doing this if the cp4 goes.

2015 LTZ

Built LBZ