Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-10-2018, 03:31 PM
FNG

Default New member from SC

What's up guys? My name is Brian and I'm hear to learn all I can about a duramax. I'll go ahead and tell ya ahead of time I'm kinda dumb and slow on understandings stuff above a carb. lol But on a serious note I wanna upgrade my LB7 to at least an LLY, just mainly depends on what kind of donor truck I can find. My truck only has 63k on it and I know injectors are sometime in my future.

Last edited by Inovation; 02-10-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:58 PM
It's actually Zach

Other toys:
1982 K10 6.2 Detroit diesel/sm465/np205 with 4 inch lift and 35s.
2011 Yamaha YFZ450X
2005 KTM 125SX
1992 Yamaha Waverunner 3
Old 02-10-2018, 05:35 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inovation View Post
What's up guys? My name is Brian and I'm hear to learn all I can about a duramax. I'll go ahead and tell ya ahead of time I'm kinda dumb and slow on understandings stuff above a carb. lol But on a serious note I wanna upgrade my LB7 to at least an LLY, just mainly depends on what kind of donor truck I can find. My truck only has 63k on it and I know injectors are sometime in my future.
Welcome ! With the miles you have on that truck you could go another 100000 mi , I see a lot of guys that love their LB7s , best fuel mileage , less head gasket issues ,no emissions stuff , fixed turbo , good pistons , dont get me wrong I like LLYs but not enough to just get rid of a very low mile LB7 ! Good luck !
AFE Blade Runner ;DHD Big Air intake;DHD fuel block;DHD pcv reroute;MBRP 4 inch exhaust;DHD 3 inch downpipe; BD driver's side manifold; DHD pass side up pipe ;DHD 3 inch intercooler in and out pipes by Big Foot on & off road shop ; shimmed fprv; FASS fuel system; 5/8 inch pickup; FASS fuel filter delete; EFI live, 5 position switch 250 hp big tune by Crank it up ; built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter by Limitless Diesel; Sulastic shackles;ARP head studs; grade C gaskets; tig-welded water pump ;T stats; by Blackout performance; Merchant t case brace and pump rub kit;drive shaft 1480joints Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars , Mike L trany cooler , 5100s
Old 02-10-2018, 06:17 PM
FNG

Oh I don't plan on doing anything till something happens to the LB7. Just thinking ahead and preparing to collect parts for the future. By the time my injectors die people will prob just recommend swapping a jet engine into her. I like my lb7 and she has plenty of power in stock form. Like I said just planning for future cause I refuse to pay what trucks cost these days.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Hotrodder

Yes just enjoy it , if the bug bites and you do a tune , just be ready for trany upgrade and converter .
AFE Blade Runner ;DHD Big Air intake;DHD fuel block;DHD pcv reroute;MBRP 4 inch exhaust;DHD 3 inch downpipe; BD driver's side manifold; DHD pass side up pipe ;DHD 3 inch intercooler in and out pipes by Big Foot on & off road shop ; shimmed fprv; FASS fuel system; 5/8 inch pickup; FASS fuel filter delete; EFI live, 5 position switch 250 hp big tune by Crank it up ; built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter by Limitless Diesel; Sulastic shackles;ARP head studs; grade C gaskets; tig-welded water pump ;T stats; by Blackout performance; Merchant t case brace and pump rub kit;drive shaft 1480joints Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars , Mike L trany cooler , 5100s
Old 02-10-2018, 08:28 PM
FNG

This is the 5th duramax that I've owned and only had a programmer on 1 of them, that of course was to change the tire size. Never been much on making huge power out of my truck I tow with. But hey you never know what could happen bow that the race cars are gone and I'm married with 2 kids. lol All I know is I'm reading a lot and absorbing all I can on these trucks.