Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-13-2018, 09:14 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigrat05 View Post
I won’t touch a car, my wife wanted a car this time and it’s gone before the warranty is out. I got a e-450 that STILL needs manifold studs drilled and replaced and they’re motor placement is a real dandy, I’d rather eat chalk and drink old crow.

Im the family mechanic.

Any van is a PITA to work on. No room at all to work on them. No thanks.
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the fun little DD
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 06-14-2018, 03:13 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Im the family mechanic.

Any van is a PITA to work on. No room at all to work on them. No thanks.
Getting to the point where working on any modern vehicle is the same with lack of room. Truck has a little around the engine.

And pretty much any engineer designing vehicles needs to be drug out of the office and beat. Like I said before changing the fog light bulbs on the 18 is not exactly a cake walk it took over 30 min to change the pass side one and it came out the front by removing the housing.
EGR blocked. PCV rerouted. Resonator blocked (reinstalled for looks). Bladerunner installed. Dead kitty by MBRP (front pipe) and down tube replaced with the MBRP (heat wrapped from the turbo down to the front pipe).
Performax Gauges by ISSPRO in pod over mirror and overhead console (console pod by PPE). Mike L Transmission.
----Looking to do an onboard air with a set of truck air horns. Want Nathan K5LA's but not in the budget at the moment.----

06 GMC CCSB 2WD LBZ SLT package. Traded for '17 Denali

18 Denali CCSB 2500 4WD Mineral Metallic with Cocoa/Dark Sand Interior
Old 06-14-2018, 04:39 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigrat05 View Post
I wont touch a car, my wife wanted a car this time and its gone before the warranty is out. I got a e-450 that STILL needs manifold studs drilled and replaced and theyre motor placement is a real dandy, Id rather eat chalk and drink old crow.
I won't touch the wife's car. Best thing I ever did was buy the service plan with it, they come and get it when the car tells them it's ready. She just gets an email telling her to leave keys in gas cap and they bring her a loaner to drive while they have it. Craziest thing is they will use gps to locate loaner and come switch it out wherever you are. They just send a text telling you that your car is back where you parked their loaner. Takes the disruption of service right out of the equation...

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Always learning

^^^ that’s nucking futs!

2005 2500 CC/SB "LLY" LTZ
Typical mods for Longevity
awaiting stuff to go BooM then replace with more go fast parts!

And a few other retired Duramax's
06 360k aka Hog truck
07 320k aka Shop truck
07 340k Flatbed spare welding rig
Old 06-14-2018, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
I won't touch the wife's car. Best thing I ever did was buy the service plan with it, they come and get it when the car tells them it's ready. She just gets an email telling her to leave keys in gas cap and they bring her a loaner to drive while they have it. Craziest thing is they will use gps to locate loaner and come switch it out wherever you are. They just send a text telling you that your car is back where you parked their loaner. Takes the disruption of service right out of the equation...
Sweet deal.