Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 11-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZ View Post
Wtf is folding??
I'm sorry what did you want your new title to be here? Mister 0 post count?

That's what a nerd can do.

Privately owned since August 2006.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Your post count threats are nothing to me nerd! My name ain't Larry Jewell jr.

Take away my smiley's though and I might have to negotiate some sort of a deal with the nerd community..........
Old 11-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZ View Post
Your post count threats are nothing to me nerd! My name ain't Larry Jewell jr.

Take away my smiley's though and I might have to negotiate some sort of a deal with the nerd community..........
When I get time to create a new user group kiss the smilies goodbye. I'm busy with real stuff now.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Looks like a good one and you can get it at a good price right now.
that is a very good power supply right there i have it, i built my own computer at the beginning of the year its very easy to do just take ur time

2006 CCSB 2500Hd Lt2 LLY DMax Efi Live 150hp Tune From Rob, 5in Straight Pipe 6in Black Tip, Diamond Eye Dp, Tie rod sleeves, Edge Insight cts, Sdp Egr Delete Pipe, Pcv Reroute, Fprv Shimmed, Headlight mod, Blue led's in gauges cluster, Clarion Nx700, 8000k HID's highs/lows/fogs, recon led tailights
Name is WishforaDmax on the other duramax forums
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Highway Burnouts!

Carillos, Mahles, ARP 625s, SoCal Cam, Stage 1 Heads, 60% sticks, PPE Dual CP3, HTT 66SS/GT4718R Stainless Steel Twins, PPE High Flow Intake Manifold, Up Pipes and Headers. 6" MBRP single stack. Mike L. Suncoast 4 w/ 1057
Old 11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
FNG

That's a screamin deal, and a very good brand. I would jump on that one. Should leave you a bit of headroom for future upgrades, I.e. multi gpu
Old 11-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Hotrodder

I built my first desktop two weeks ago, I used that same Antec case, really nice, looks good, lots of space, and ventilates really nicely. I got it and a AMD 3.4 ghz Phenom II http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103727 for like $210 it was a combo deal so it was $40 off. If you can find somthing you specifically want on new egg, look for combo deals to go with it, you'll get big savings that way, mixing your must haves and getting stuff your not as specific about in a combo deal.

AMD is the cheapest route to go, and from what I can tell for my use, just net surfing watching videos and gaming, its just a set behind the intel i5 for abouyt $150 less when you factor in the processor and MB. But I'm pretty computer dumb thats what I found in my research.

The had a deal on GTX460 MSI HAWK cards so i bought one, factory overclocked and one of the best in the 460 class I guess, I dont know, keeps up for me I just play CIV 5.

I have a 768 mb GTX 460 that I orderd as well, before I found the MSI deal, that I still need to send back. If it'll work for what you have in mind I'd let it go for a deal, to avoid the hassle of sending it back to newegg and dealing with a 15% restocking fee. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500173

Sold 08 GMC 4X4 CC/SB 6" Fabtech, BMF's

09.5 Last of the brand G8 GXP

98 Silverado 3500 Cummin On Strong- 12v cummins p-pumped nv4500
Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Turbo Todd

The good old days of building computers was when you needed to set all the correct motherboard jumpers for the processer you were using (6-10)... especially when the motherboard book was wrong and left you trying different combo's until you figured it out.. of course not knowing the book was wrong when you get started

Ask me how I know

A little while before that I had bought my own machine when I was 14. Added ram... cool. Decided to add a faster processor, didn't realize it needed to go in on a certain axis and in those days the pins would allow it any way....... whats that smoke??!!??!
2006 4x4 ecsb 6spd: Self built / tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC Converter / ATS co-pilot | hood stack | homebuilt lowering setup w/coilovers | Kennedy/BD filter | 951's | 250psi inj | Autometer/ISSpro | deep pan | sleeves | roll pan
12.61 @ 105.6mph - 5800ft (stock trans) this pass video

Parted out my car for a Pilot's License!!! Best decision I've made in a long time!
GravityKnightFlying
Old 11-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKDMAX View Post
Moved Josh's post to his own thread.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by z79outlaw View Post
Here my list, I was reading what you said about JoshH PSU maybe not being enough to cut it. Am I in danger with this and a 580W? I was under the impression I'd be good now I'm kinda worried.

]
If you were underpowered, you would know it real quick. Random black screens, crashes, restarts.